Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My intro

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by canca87, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Hi all.
    I've been stalking netrider for a while now, figures I should actually sign up and participate. I currently ride a 2002 sv650s. I only started riding it 3 months ago. Before that I had a zzr250 for my learners and p's. My zzr was written off in August when a truck turned across the road in front of me. He later admitted to seeing me, and thought he could make it across the road in time! Anyway, turned out to be a good excuse to upgrade to the sv.
    Most of my riding is commuting to the cbd, with the occasional weekend ride for some fun.

2. Welcome to NR and here's hoping nobody turns out in front of you again!
  3. Welcome canca87, What part of Melbourne are you from, lots of rides posted on weekends generally although may be quiet this weekend being so close to Christmas.
  4. Croydon. Added that to my profile now too :). Is there a thread to watch for weekend ride info?
  5. Yeah, Under Ride and Event Announcements - Vic

Then Uncle Greg's Epic Saturday ride is a half day one on Saturday and the Sunday Learners Ride. There are also a couple of Mid week rides. Check each thread because they don't run every week depending on Ride Leaders commitments etc.

Many rides start in Rowville at the Servo at the Corner of Stud and Wellington roads so close to you.
  6. Welcome to the forums. Here's to many more truck free adventures!
  7. Welcome, and Chris you have lightening fingers mate. Merry xmas to you and yours.
  8. :) I am the only one left at work to man the phones everybody else has fled. It is so quiet I am stalking Netrider during the day for a change ;)
  9. Welcome to NR...
  10. Hello and welcome to the forum. Very lucky escape for you! Unfortunately, not so for your poor zzr...
  11. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  12. Welcome Canca, there's a few of us around Croydon.
    We could almost start our own ride depending on your level and preferred style.
  13. welcome aboard :]
  14. welcome to nr and safe riding !