Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Hyosung gt250r review

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by live4themoment, May 30, 2007.

1. Hi I know there are already a fair few hyosung threads here already but just thought i might give my progress thoughts on the bike. I have just had it in for the 6000km service and have owned it for going on 7 months now.

Having read lots of people saying the build qaulity is slacker then say a honda 250 i have only had one problem with build related problems and it was a minor one. Around 2000kms the padding in the front dash slipped down and the gauge housing rattled when ever i got to 6000rpm but stopped when i got to 7000rpm. This was a simple fix they just put some extra padding in at the 6000km service and just tightened the unit up a bit more.

Engine wise there has been no problem it starts first go doesn't need choke and doesn't need to be revved a little just starts and idles. I did notice that the throttle seemed to get a bit of lag in it but that was gone when i got it back from service so can not have been anything big.

Lookwise nearly everyone that sees the bike can't believe that it is a 250 due to the size of it and the fact that for a 250 it looks bettet i think then any other 250 out there apart from maybe an aprilla rs250 which you cant get on L's or p's anyway

And i found for me it was a good bike to learn on i had never ridden a motorbike before i got it but when i first got on it i was comfy straight away ended up doing 200kms when i said i would just go around the block to get used to it lol.

So i know 6000kms isnt a huge amount but so far so good have had no huge problems with it and it goes nicely. I know there are zippier 250s out there but i think for a learner it was a good bike for me to learn on.
    P.S Don't try and use it to do the p's test lol