Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Hyo GT650R

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Shadowride, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Here is a few photos/description of my 2012 GT650R... :)

(Yes I know its a Hyodung and I am fully responsible if it blows up/dies/murders 1000+people)

I picked it up approx 6 weeks ago and have so far enjoyed modifying and riding it. It just got back from its first service and thought it would be good to share.

- Fender Eliminator
    - Two Brother Titanium Exhaust
    - OEM Tinted Windscreen
    - NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    - EBC Sintered Brake Pads (Front)
    - EBC Organic Brake Pad (Rear)
    - Tank Protector

That is list of mods so far - going to try to post some pics up to show it off

Tinted Screen

Two Bro's Exhaust

Dat Ass

Pretty happy with how it is riding atm and not sure that I will do too much else to it, except maybe a rear hugger and a Powertip for the exhaust to keep it legal here in NSW, Australia. I like to do as much hands-on stuff as I can and so far, past initial service it has yet to see the inside of a mechanic - which is how I would like to keep it.

Oh and definitely needs some upgraded Tyres, the ones that came standard are a piece of cheesy crap!!!
  2. Brand-flaming aside it's a good lookin' bike, congrats bud
  3. Looks shit hot :)

I've currently got(sold-ish now) hyo 250 loved it....
  4. They are good bikes to ride and they look the part.

I hope your journey ends better than mine. It's certainly starting off well :D
  5. Yer its my first new bike, but 3rd overall. Its my second time doing my L's due to a pretty bad off invloving a cage about 6 years ago. Decided on this after alot of thought, research and of course test riding :) is a good looking bike although consensus is the bloody headlight looks rank, wish they updated that :p
  6. Learners are restricted to 80... ?!?!?!?!?!?!

nice bike!
  7. No.Hyos are.
    Requirement of the warranty.
  8. Looks good.....but....
    Spending quite a few dollars on a bike with little resale, is that wise?

Hope you have a good garage, tools to do any work on her.

When I saw you'd preformed a few mods, I thought you'd filled up the petrol!

But seriously, good luck, happy riding and get ready for the ribbing!!

9. Yes, could look at it like that, although I just see mods as a way to get the bike to look/feel how I want them too, not overly worried about resale value etc.

I knew I was in for a ribbing from the beginning!!!
  10. Looks great.

People love to poke fun at the Hyo's, it's part of owning one!
    I haven't had any problems with mine, and love it.

Enjoy yours .
  11. Looks the goods mate, good luck with it. Pay no attention to Blab, he can't see past his Ducati monogrammed Ray Bans
  12. Doesn't matter what people tell you...

If it makes you happy then it's the right bike for you.
    Looks good mate - enjoy - be safe (y)