Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My GS500F

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by BanzaiElise, Jan 8, 2012.

1. +1 to the Suzuki GS500 brigade.
    My first bike and it is one that should see me through Ls, Ps (fortunately only 1 year) and beyond.
    file-3.
    Some of the dealers are doing really good deals on run-out MY2011 bikes. Too tempting at that price so I decided to buy new. It had 3delivery km on the clock when I rode it out of the dealership.

Did 100km on it after picking it up yesterday. My riding instructor is leading a group through the Nasho today. If I keep this up it will be ready for the 1000km service next week. :D

2. Very nice bike!
    It's easy to clock up the km's, I normally do a couple of 80 - 100km rides at the weekends.
    So 5 weeks or so and there is your 1000 !
    Not long.

3. Good choice of bike to lean on mate although the front OEM suspension has a habit of bottoming out. Other than that they're relatively bullet-proof. Km's clock up quick when your g/friend is at the other end of a motorway. When I had one, I was back after 2 weeks for the first service and 4 months for the 6,000km. Did the remainder of services myself (traded her in around the 24,000km mark) to save some coin :)

Happy and safe learning!

4. Thanks guys. 2nd day of ownership and 300km racked up. Even in a bit of rain today it was a pretty easy ride.

Blaise, have discovered the front bottoming out. I think I'll be ordering a set of springs from Sonic and possibly getting the damper oil changed.

I noticed a few times today that it didn't kick all the way down to first when pulling up. Instead it went to neutral and I didn't notice until I went to take off. Hopefully that is just a breaking-in thing and/or adjustment at the service.

5. Consider a set of progressives from Ikon - http://www.ikonsuspension.com/index.shtml

6.  Top
  7. Had mine for 15 months..
    snowy ride
    Far riders ride (1000k in a day)
    commuting
    touring

couldn't be happier with it as it never missed a beat..
    Oh and another plus is it's a very good bike to learn self maintenance on...

8. Bought mine in July and done a shade over 10 thousand on it, good bikes but definitely sort out the front suspension, it makes the bike so much better. Lloyd Penn in Artarmon did it for $385 on my friend's bike (fork oil and spring). Also do a braided front line kit too if you can and see if the pads are in good condition.

Here's a picture of mine (modifications done by Miraz from this forum who I bought it from):
    [​IMG]

9. Congrats on the new bike from another fellow owner.