Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Great Ocean Road Ride

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jamesthewonderful, Dec 11, 2009.

1. #1 jamesthewonderful, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

2. I was just waiting for that L plate to fall off the first half of the video!

Looks like you had fun:)
  3. Looks awesome! When's the best time of year for an awesome ride and spectacular views? Around now?
  4. #4 jdkarmch, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    A Bit slow - [URL="]have a look at this one that I made last Sunday[/URL]

Great ride though.....
  5. bit of hoonage in that clip john.
  6. Not by me.

The clip has been sped up by 500%. For the whole trip I was riding mostly at the speed limit. You will note that I was passed by some bikes a couple of times and that most of the time I am stuck behind a car. Was happy to sit behind cars most of the time unless they pulled over to let me pass - and even then it was because they were cruising at 60 kph.

The original video duration was 58 mins - I compressed that down to just below 10 and edited out a few minutes of boring straight stuff/

But, it does look that way..... Don't you love a fast motion video.
  7. i was referring to some of the "overtaking" Manouvers.
  8. Were you referring to me, or the other bikes on the road?

I didn't put myself in any danger at any time. Remember - the video is sped up by 500% - just in case you think you have a case against me.....:p
  9. 0.38 0.42 0.59 1.15 2.05 , although for the latter I am sure the ride was before the overtaking on a single line rule change ;)

just quickly. Still though looked like a good ride, certainly a great day for it.

and yes those other bikes looked like they were going hell quick.