Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My First Time

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nodz, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Woooohoooo!!!! :D :D :D

Just had a ride on Ratbag's GSXR1000 K1 around the work car park. Now I'm a sucker for a bigger bike...:LOL:

For any others that have ridden 250's and never been on a bigger bike...aaaarrruuuugggaaaahhh... :D

Seriously, the things I noticed

i) How smooth the gearbox is compared with the clunking of a 250 (even one that is in A1 mech condition).
    ii) How easily the clutch feeds in, the friction point is with the clutch about 25% of the way out, whereas compared with the CB250 with a properly adjusted clutch the friction point is with the lever about 75% of the way out
    iii) I thought the bike was going to be heavy but at about 170Kg dry it's only about 25Kg heavier than when the CB250 has a full load of fuel
    iv) How much faster things happened - 50kmph in 1 nanosecond without changing gears...:LOL:...beats the screaming of the CB250 into 5th gear by about 55kmph.
    v) How much bigger the turning circle is. I can get the CB250 round on a 5c piece but even on full lock on the gixxer it was much greater.

Thanks Ratty for trusting me on your steed, and no everyone, I didn't drop the bike, even on slow ride u-turns...:LOL:
  2. my first time was in a dark alley after a big night out on the town with .. well that's not important it was dark who could tell .... oh oh it's about motorcycles... yeah .. hrmmm ...

Can't wait for a 600 :shock:
  3. Good stuff Nodz.

I'm looking forward to my first time!

I'll get a little more used to my VTR first though. :)