Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first road rage

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by LycRaf, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Hey guys, so this happened to me today and I would like to share it to you guys and do not do what i've done.
    here is what happened, I was riding to uni today and this car from the other side of the road pullout from a car park as I am approaching, I honked at her twice but she still continuous, so I swerve to the left to avoid her and I look back and gave her a wth happened hand gesture and she didnt seems to give a shit. At the time I was really mad so I followed her for a bit and try to find an opportunity to talk to her and ask her if she sees me, but then it seems like she is not going to stop so I overtook her at stop infront of her, the first time she just drove around me, and then I overtook her again, this time she stopped and as Im talking to her, other drivers started getting up on me for overtaking her and reckless riding, "you're a fcuking p plate" "I dont care what she did, you shouldnt overtake her like that" etc.... I know I was wrong and I should overtake her, but at the time my anger over ran me, next time i should've just gave her the finger and get on with it.

2. What were you trying to achieve by talking to her?!

I find full face helmets are great for letting out the rage. Scream and swear at her all you like and no one needs to see it. That should then be the end of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. 2/10, not a bad rant per se but needs more swearing.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Usually best to yell you stupid fcuking cant / pr1ck shake head as they / you go by then forget it.
    If they take further do what your comfortable with.
    If you take it further be aware of all your surroundings and how it looks / will look.

Edit*
    Wombles right your rants need more work

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. LOL
    This happens every day to me, on the bike or in the car. A large proportion of the population are morons that care little for their own ability or roadcraft. They certainly don't care about others around them. Its all about them!
    Deal with it like any other road hazard!
    Be disgusted, but then get over it quickly so it doesn't effect you decision making.
    Its nothing personal, they just don't give a rats about you or anyone else, so don't take it personally, or you are on a slippery slope to a nasty incident!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. What pisses me off even more was other people getting involved, they dont know what happened first!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Like in frozen mate, you need to let it go!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Damn you had to go there, now playing in my head

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I can see the Sixty Minutes sting:

"Tonight on Sixty Minutes, Mad Biker terrorises young Mother in Road rampage"

You can't win these situations, don't ride while angry you make poor decisions if you do. Just move on and stay safe.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Haha lets hope not LOL!

11. Lol!
    I have two girls, aged 7 and 6. Welcome to my world!

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Here's your solution:
    In your mind, fast forward 20 years.
    Imagine that over that time, you experience on average one of those incidents per week.
    Now imagine the effort involved in doing what you did, the stress you experienced, and factor in the possibility that it could have gone horribly wrong by encountering an ice addict.
    Multiply it all out, and ask yourself: was it be worth it? Have you achieved anything positive?
    I'm guessing the answer will be, no.

The safest option in all cases is:
    Stay cool, chill out, let it go. Learn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Good way to deal with it is to pat yourself on the back for avoiding the hazard and being a good rider. Turns every crappy situation like that into a positive experience.

I raged when I started riding as well, you soon realise that it's just your adrenalin and usually you won't win being on a bike. Chill out and just keep riding.

I am still working on controlling my rage against mobile phone users who can't stay in their lane though lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carry some of these and stick them on their car as you go by ;)

hangupanddrive.

Driving with Cell Phone Bumper Sticker

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Don''t feel bad about your reaction... Just learn from it and move on. You'll have plenty of opportunities to practice your rants :), there's loads of morons out there...I had similar situation on my first NetRider group ride to Wiseman's Ferry. A lady in a white 4x4 decided she did not want to wait for all the bikes to pass and pulled out right in front of me. I saw her, slowed down, beeped -she did not even react, no sorry, no kiss my a**, no nothing. As it turned down she stopped at the same cafe we did. I had a strong urge to go over to her and tell her off but then I thought " ehh it's not worth it, it'll only ruin my mood and affect my ridding". Some people are just not worth it...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rages need punctuation...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Clearly she didn't see you, so your question was moot.

Be very careful overtaking cars and stopping in front of them with the intent to stop them also. If that driver feared for her safety, had a young child in the care etc, in this day and age, you may find yourself getting run straight the fuk over. If you plan to ride bikes for any length of time, this will be a regular occurrence - get used to it, and plan to see and avoid rather than pursue and stop.

PS: Your rant was shit and I'm yet to see any rage.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LycRaf: Treat it as emergency stopping and counter steering practice. You should be doing this all of the time anyway. Lots of practive makes you live a loong time.

19. this

20. Man just breathe and keep on riding. I had a guy decide he needed to turn right from the left lane of roundabout, only he decided he needed to also do this by cutting into me, forcing me to ebrake and nearly hit the island. I beeped my horn and just shook my head as he watched me in his rearview mirror as we drove to next roundabout. He turned right, I turned left and enjoyed the rest of my ride home.

• Like Like x 1