Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My First Ride!!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Darky, Sep 3, 2007.

1. So, as the topic suggests, this is the story of my first ride ever :grin:

After work, ducked into RTA and passed my thoery test, walked home anxious as hell, was almost jumping out of my skin.
    Dressed in my gear which i had purchased a month earlier, and was about to set off when i remembered i needed my L plate...
    Half an hour later the L plate was found and attached.
    Started my Kawasaki ZXR - 250 up and while it was warming, i got the door open, last checks, all gear on.
    Got out the driveway after stalling 3 times, but i got out eventually.
    On the second turn i had to make, i went too wide and fast in 1st, and almost went fully head on into a 4wd :shock:
    Refueled at the local servo and off i went... till i stalled at the roundabout haha.
    Ok, so after that i went and had no dramas, all green lights, decent drivers / conditions, and i was shifting gears properly without thinking about it !
    So yea, all in all made for a great ride, so pumped im gonna take it out in the morning before i goto work! :LOL:

2. The first ride is to be remembered....... :)
  3. Just remember to be on the lookout for strange (and slippery) things at roundabouts.
  4. Yea the roundabouts i went through were alright, it had just been raining,
    but i took them slow and easy in 1st gear, and yea was alright.
  5. if you keep stalling try riding the clutch a bit more, give it a few revs before you take off and feel for the clutch engaging, but congrats the first ride is always a memorable moment and one of freedom :grin:
  6. Welcome to one of the most wonderful things you can do fully clothed. :grin:

Just don't forget you are not made of steel. the Cars around you are. :shock:

I remember my first ride way way back. Was on a road going 125 and it poured with rain. After some bad accidents early on I love it still after all these years.