Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first "real" ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Muzbot, Nov 21, 2005.

1. After visiting the Bike show on Saturday arvo, I decided it was time to leave the confines of the inner-west and go for a proper ride. I've only had my bike and learners for 2 months and have not really had the confidence to go too far from home. I asked a mate if I could follow him on a ride from Sydney to the Gong. It was brilliant! Getting out of the city traffic and suburbs was the best thing I've done yet, and really gave me a fantastic confidence boost.

We took a very scenic route from the city out to Menai then back through to Waterfall, through the Royal to Stanwell Tops, where I had a break and took in the fantastic view. The weather was turning rotten, so we pressed on to the Gong via the old highway and down Buli Pass. Rode through the thickest fog I've ever seen and smirked everytime a bug went splat on my visor. I've never felt so happy or excited in a very long time. I loved everything about the ride. I can't wait to do it again and again and again... :D :D :D

2. Good onya Muzbot 8)
    that's all you have to do,get out there & enjoy it.
    The ride through Royal(Nasho) is a beaut!! ,The more you ride in open roads and Traffic the more confidence you gain.
    Take care. 8)

3. Hey Muzz any time you want to come down to Wollongong for a ride, give me a call (pm me for my number) and I'll take you and show you some of the fabulous rides up on the escarpment.

4. Ahh Muzbot, so many roads . . . so little time. Sounds like you've well and truly got the "bug" :D

Happy and safe riding,

Firestorm. :D :) :D :) :D :)

5. well done
    i been riding for the on my 250 last year and it was awsome, i had alot of good times

now i own/ just got a bigger bike its just made things awsome

enjoy the ride mate and safe riding