Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first real bike z750

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by OscarA, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Picked up my near new Z750 this afternoon and boy what a difference in power and handling compared to my VTR250.
    I'll take pics in the next day or two and show her off to you guys/girls.
    I wont be able to do much riding as I'm still restricted but a little blast here and there will be hard to resist.

Pics coming soon.

2. congrats on the new bike!
  3. +1 Congrats, welcome to the world of $300 rear tyres :0)
  4. did you get it for a real good price that you bought it before you could ride it?
  5. Well done OscarA and congrats on the bike mate ! Looking forward to your pics (y)
  6. Thanks for the nice words guys.
    Hornet, I got it for a good price but either way I wasn't going to be able to ride as I sold my VTR250 a few weeks back. I decided to take advantage of the recent major service I did on the VTR and the fact that it still had 11mths of rego. By doing so selling the VTR would be easier to sell and I could get a good price which I did.
    I figured with money in the bank I could take my time looking for my upgrade bike and when something special popped up I would be in a position to act. Who knew it would only take a few weeks to find this gem.

7. Very nice. Congrats on the upgrade.

8. very nice and neat looking.
  9. Nice bike and I see it already has a few nifty extras such as can, bellypan and tail tidy.

Get a rear hugger and a small screen and you're set.
  10. Great looking bike. Enjoy the upgrade.
    How many Ks on the clock?
  11. Yeah the belly pan and tail tidy were nice extras, not to sure about the can yet as I'm a shift worker and with the early starts and late finishes it might become a problem. I also have the original so that's handy.
    I was thinking about a screen but riding it home on the freeway yesterday I got less wind blast than I expected so I'll wait and see. if I do go for one I'm looking at this one. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...82784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2768wt_1000
    The rear hugger is also something I'm looking at down the track.
    By the way did I mention this gem only has 4700km so it practically is as new.
  12. Cracking bike! Did it have to be Kawasaki Green? or could you have settled for a different colour?
  13. Thanks, the green/black is my favorite color scheme so that makes me extra happy.
  14. Congrats!

I got mine about 2 months ago and I'm still grinning like an idiot. Enjoy :)
  15. I felt the same when I got my new full system as it is very loud compared to stock and I let it idle in my driveway looked around to see if any neighbours would come out and complain didn't happen so all was good. You'll be accustomed to the noise within a few weeks.

I felt the screen made a big difference on my bike as it stops the wind from hitting my mid region when riding and has deflected it more upwards and lessens the force.
  16. vera narce (y)
  17. Congrats Oscar... i hope the previous owner said hi from me like i asked him to =D>

I bike-sat that bike for a fortnight and it was awesome fun.
  18. Hi DRMAT yeah he mentioned if i was a member of netrider. I assumed you must have put two and two together as i was aware you listed his bike on the sales thread on his behalf.
    I really am a proud owner and don't mind having to wait a few months ( 5mths :eek: ) before I can ride her properly rather than a quick squirt here and there.

Have a few things to add in the meantime, already have a ventura rack, will add a screen, K&N filter, braided lines and maybe a rear hugger.
    I aim to keep this bike for a few years so don't spending a few more $$ on her.
  19. Looking good! Just throw some bar-end mirrors on there and she'll be pretty much perfect! :D