Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first post!!!

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Snakeears, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Well I didn't think my first post on this site would be in this section, I've had my license for about 6mnths now and this my first close one after 4400Kms.
    I ride a Yami WR250R and it is a bit of hard work on the highway.
    Coming into Healesville on the Healesville-Kinglake road southbound this arvo, there is a little slip road that merges on to a gentle right curve that is a short cut for north bound traffic, so this friken truck moving way to fast with a bobcat on a trailer totally cocks up the turn and ends up on my side of the road OMG!!.
    I stood the bike up and got passed him with a metre or so of tar between his front wheel and the dirt. I can remember seeing him heaving on the wheel to get his 20 tons of rusted death back under control as I yell WTF into my helmet.
    It wasnt till a minute later that I realised I had my first near miss. Had to stop and check my pants before collecting myself. Thinking back if I had hit the brakes I might have been a hood ornament, Lucky I had a gap to aim for.
    I am amazed how S$#T can come out of nowhere

2. Far out! Glad you're alright.
  3. Whoa that is a bit on the close side
  4. I love this section, because as close as these near misses are, I'm glad we make it home to type about it.