Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first off

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by bass_player, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Well I guess it had to happen. Had my first off on the way home from work on Friday night. Weather was good so I left early to go for a bit of a blat through the hills. Long story short I hit a tight corner a little too hot, ran out of road, tapped the rear brakes to wash off some speed (yes, a newbie mistake, I know :p ) and lowsided into the barrier on the side of the road. I ended up under the bike which somehow managed to wedge itself under the barrier. Luckilly the bike only has some minor cosmetic damage but nothing too serious. I've got a banged up knee and muscle damage in my right shoulder. A big thanks to the bloke in the blue WRX who helped me get the bike out from under the barrier and for making sure I was ok.

2. You know when your a biker when you say it's lucky your bike only has minor damage, then mention your own injuries as an afterthought :roll:
  3. damn, sorry to hear that. there a few offs this weekend! as long as body's not too banged up, that's most important.
  4. Its funny you say that bonkers. The first thing I did was check the bike before even realising that the right side of my body was very sore :LOL:
  5. I low-sided a dirt-bike this weekend... good times. Can't wait to have one of my own to crash :grin:
  6. bugger, sorry to hear mate, hope the shoulder heals up well, make sure you see a physio because should injuries tend to stick around for life if you let them.

glad you didnt get to banged up
  7. Shit.

Heal up quick mate. :)
  8. at least you know where you made the error.
    heal quick :)
  9. Yeah, get well quickly mate.
    Someone posted in another thread that at a first aid course he had done, the instructor said that the first thing all riders who crash say is, "How's my bike??"
  10. yeah that was me :grin:
    When she said that, i thought about it for a sec, then i thought 'nope - shes right' lol
  11. 5X posts
    Sorry guys (and gals) :grin:
  12. 5X posts
  13. 5X posts
  14. 5X posts
  15. OH FFS too many posts - can a mod help me delete them please
  16. True. Hope you heal well.
  17. True. Hope you heal well.
  18. True. Hope you heal well.