Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first fun ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by OscarA, Jul 6, 2009.

1. I was taken for a little adventure today, my first fun ride.
    Met up with a friend at Healesville who was eager to take me on some windy roads. We started at Healesville from there we went through Toolangi then Kinglake. From Kinglake it was onto St Andrews then Yarra Glen before returning to Healesville. It was roughly a 100km ride through some nice windy roads in what turned out to be some ordinary conditions.
    Not shy to admit that some of the tight curves on a wet road was a little scary but I wasn't pushing myself and took every turn at my pace with no pressure.
    Riding a bike is fun but when you have a mate with you and hit some decent roads it's all that much better.
    Can't wait to do it again in better conditions and have been promised next time we'll do the Black Spurs amongst others.
    Can't wait :grin:

2. Awesome mate. I can't wait to get out and try some twisties.
  3. That's a great neck of the woods for a ride. Did my first "pleasure" ride to St Andrews a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it.

Wasn't brave enough to try the road all the way to Kinglake though as I haven't many kms under my belt.
  4. Yeah I was shitting myself as the roads were wet and coming down from Kinglake it started raining.
    The roads were quiet so that was good as I had no pressure, well almost none.
    Funny thing happened on the way up Kinglake a towtruck was in front of us and pulled over to let us pass which was kind of him. The same tow truck driver however probably didn't expect a leaner and on the way down from Kinglake he was behind me. I bet he thought he might get a job any minute after witnessing the way I took some of the bends.
    Luckily I stayed upright and gained a lot of confidence from the ride.