Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first ever New York Yankees game - live at Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Nickers330, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Well, my dream to see the New York Yankees play live has finally come true. Friday 24th July, 7pm start, Legend Suite tickets (awesome).. full stadium (Yankee Stadium)...electric atmosphere.. seated to the immediate left of the batting plate...waiting for the leg glance (right hander) or square cut (left hander) ....

ALL great but geez... I don't know what all the fuss is about ???!!!

For a mass crowd, I found it rather 'boring'

* It took 8 innings of the 10 before we saw a Mexican wave (although the 'members pavillion' didn't stop the flow :LOL: )

* The crowd were awfully tame/quiet/too well behaved

* No beach balls, blow up dolls, plastic cups/paper/VB longnecks being hurled into the air on any 'wave'

* No chants of '10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1....Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhh !!!!' or "You're going home in the back of a Divi van (clapping etc)" to be heard

* 3/4 of the pitches were not connected....where is the skill ???? Cricketers swing a bat (face of the bat not thaaaaat much wider in diameter) at a ball swinging, bouncing, veering off a crack Tony left in the pitch with his bloody keys/Julius Marlows !.....at similar if not faster deliveries... I dunno...

*ONLY 1 home run !!! Seriously, how many sixes does one see in the last overs of a Day/Nighter ??? (Sh*t loads !)..

...all in all... honestly, you CANNOT beat a live game at the 'G, be it Aussie Rules or good ol' Aussies taking on the world in a Day/Nighter...

Seen it now folks-a LIVE game at Yankee Stadium.

I'd rather be in a crowd chanting "Carn The Pies !" or " Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi !!! " ANYTIME.

My 'quarters' worth :cool:

2. go watch a soccer/football game in europe, go on, i dare ya :)

3. Dunno how you can compare cricket to baseball. Two different codes, different tactics and so on.

Personally, I find cricket only slightly less exciting than watching paint dry, grass grow, etc, etc. Particularly test cricket. Twenty 20 might be better. Dunno.

As for baseball, I don't watch it either. But aficionados of the game say that it can be more exciting than cricket.

And the comparo between Euro soccer and baseball/cricket crowds is a fair comment...

4. Love the right up lol...

Good thing is now you know, so you can say been there done that...

I don't think the comparison is so bad especially if compared to T20 cricket, which would be more livelier than your day/nighters...

Maybe you should have started it and seen where it went, could have started chanting Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi; im sure the crowd would have loved it :LOL:

5. Bill Cosby once said that baseball was two minutes of excitement crammed into 5 hours.....

6. and i would have to agree with that comment, but as said above, he can now say, been there, done that

7. #7 Sirian Sun, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  8. pfft pleeeease, go to a red star belgrade game vs any cro team :grin: :grin: :grin: :LOL:

9. Re: My first ever New York Yankees game - live at Yankee Sta

You needed to watch the Phillies play a couple of weeks ago. They effectively won the game in the first innings with 10 making it home. They won something like 22 to 2 in the end. Excellent pitchers make for a boring baseball game IMO. Its not as if the batters aren't very good. A lot of those breaking pitches look pretty difficult to pick.

10. #10 GoTeam, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. now thats what u call atmosphere