Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My First Dink :-)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by hillbilly, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,
    I thought I would share my new experience with you all. Hubby was home for half the day today, and wanted to go out. So he says to me "how about you take me for a ride?" I must admit, I felt very very nervous as I have never take a pillion before, but we went off just locally for about an hour, and after a bit of a shakey slow start, managed to keep my balance and not tip him off at the nearest roundabout :grin: After a bit of instruction from hubby, I seemed to do ok :shock: but I think I will need lots and lots of practice. The most trouble I had with it was at the slow speeds. Lucky I have a patient instructor :grin: After I got the hang of it a bit, I started to relax and hubby reckoned it was fun! We also got some odd looks. I guess it is not often you see a guy being pillioned by a girl :cool:

2. hmmm...no. no it's not. :LOL:

3432084-haga-rossi.

3. Women have better grab rails than men. I'd happily go pillion every day :D

4. Well done hillbilly :grin:

I'm not ready for that just yet - but am sure the time will come when I feel I can carry a pillion.

5. No surprise he was enjoying it, the horny dog :twisted:

6. The slow stuff is the hardest, but the only way to practice is get someone on the back!

7. :grin: :grin: :grin: