Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

my first bike..

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by 4evafit, Jan 14, 2009.

1. hey everyone. just bought my first bike and very excited. its a 1999 kawasaki zzr250. i picked it up for $3100 delivered to my door step ( going for L's this weekend). im very happy with it and hope it doesnt shit its self on me lol. it has a brand new front tyre, new battery, new DiD chain, new paint job, new leather seat and 12 months rego. i have know idea how to ride a bike. i watched a few youtube videos and i went and jumped on the bike just to get a feel of the clutch and brake and how heavy the bike is. i storde it a few times but finally got the hang of it. i cant wait to get my licences. my next step is to get some gear i have nothing. enough talking heres some pics:

side.

side2.

front-1.

back-2.

the downfalls. the steel looks a little worn and the windscreen is alittle cracked:

Picture081.

2. Congats on your bike !
    and Good Luck on passing your L's
    :biker:

3. thanks mate. appretiate it.

4. Awesome man, I'm jealous!

5. Congrats man... Nice looking bike man... I noticed the previous owner modified the rear indicators. Carefully you don't get fined for that...

You can contact these guys for the for a replacement windscreen

Metropolitan Motorcycle Spares.
    90 Silverwater Road, Silverwater, NSW, 2128.

Telephone:+612 9748 7400

6. Nice bike mate. Well done!

7. which indicator lights? do u know how much thay will charge?

9. Im guessing the rear ones (you know, at the back of the bike, the little orange lights)

Tey calling them on the phone number provided.

10. Not sure how much they would charge... Check out my bike. Maybe not the best pic but at least you can see the rear indicators. No big deal though some cops may pick it up. I was thinking about modding my rear indicators but just didn't want to get hassled from the boys in blue.

Check out this thread https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32486&highlight=zzr250+rear+indicators

11. I would have thought they'd be okay as long as they passed roadworthy...

12. Sweet bike! Love the red colour. Red bikes go faster?