Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first bike!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by threetwelve, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Gday,

I just bought a ZXR250C '94 model off my mate, the only problem is that a while ago now he rear ended a car on the road, and the bike hasn't been fixed since.
    The damage is;
    Frost Fairing is 'absent', although probably damaged
    Instrument cluster is destroyed
    RHS footpedal is broken
    Front Headlight is gone

The fairing is still at my mates garage, and I'm going to go over and see what can be salvaged of it and the mirrors/indicators that were attached.

The engine all runs perfectly, it was serviced just before the crash, and my mate has been riding it around at least once a week, just on his quiet block, to keep the engine running.

My question is, can anybody recommend the best and cheapest way of fixing it up? I think wreckers will be the best way to go for some pieces, I live in newcastle, i think there are a few around, or its a drive to sydney.

Can the fairing be repaired? Replaced? The damaged one is the original plastic fairing.

Anybody know of any good placed for these parts?

ps. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, i wasnt quite sure where it would fit

2. leave the fairing off and make it a streetfighter.

3. Patch it up with tape and matt black and make it a shit-fighter.

4. See if you can get aftermarket parts off ebay, e.g. fairings etc.

Instrument cluster will be expensive, you'll probably need to get to a wrecker for that.

Some official kawasaki parts can be ordered overseas via the net. Have a look on google.

Fairings can normally be welded without much difficulty.