Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first bike....yay

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by dazzle260, May 20, 2005.

1. hey i just bought my first bike, want to get peoples opinions on it. 99 FZX 250. i like the naked look and this come up, what do we all think of them?? pros, cons, major flaws??

2. Doesn't matter now, you bought it already! :)

Seriously though, I wouldn't have a clue other than it feels great to get ya 1st bike hey?
  3. good or bad it's your first bike and part of your learning curve
    stay upright and safe you'll soon be itching for the bigger bike.
  4. Dont want to be a stick-in-the-mud but wouldn't those question been better before you bought it.
  5. Should have got a VTR mate if you like the naked thing...
  6. Zeal's as the FZX's are more commonly known as; are freakin hawt bikes!
    I love em to death, but for some reason the Bandit still got my vote for my favourite 2fiddy nekkid.

They're a fantastic bike.. but just like its faired cousin the FZR... you NEED to rev the bejeeesus out of them to get them going. Done right, you'll be moving very quickly. ;)
  7. Mate as long as you are happy with it and it doesnt give you any problems. One thing about bikes, as long as it turns you on who cares what anyone else says. Congrats on your first bike it's an awsome feeling.
  8. cheers for all the responses, i was curious as to whether they had any common faults or problems. I reckon they are a hot lookin bike and my bro being a spray painter is gonna do custom paint on it. its a good feelin yeah...except the missus isnt too happy about it!
  9. Good work - that's a nice looking bike

Can't say I can give you any thoughts on failts or problems

Happy riding :)