Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first bike: VTR250

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by thatdarnweasel, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I was trying REALLY hard to convince myself that for my first bike, I should get a cheap and nasty old bike that I wouldn't break down into tears if I dropped it that'd have pretty much the same retail value when it's time to upgrade - Something like a cheap zz-r 250, or an older cb250 - just to get me on the road and practicing.
    Well, it's only a TINY bit of scope-creep later that I've inspected a few VTR250s, which are at least 72% more sexy than an old cb250, and brought one home :)
    And you know what? I'm damn glad. I reckon I'll have plenty of pride in this 2001 model to polish it on weekends and make sure it stays in top shape.

It's a bit of a shame about the drop damage on the pipe, but it's hardly at all an issue for me in person.. It has a few KMs on it too, but it still runs really smooth, and I'm really happy :) Love the gold wheels on black bike.

Cheers dudes!
  2. Mate you are new here granted, you can't just post pics unless you have made a few posts.
    Secondly you cant post massive sized pics so they have been removed.
  3. And now with reasonably sized pictures!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Congrats! The VTR250 is an awesome bike and it's built like a tank. I dropped mine a couple of times (stationary) and it held up really well. That's the advantage of non faired bikes.

Alternatively, investing in some oggy knobs might give you extra peace of mind. You can also pick up some pipes on ebay for a couple of hundred bucks, if the damage on your current pipes annoys you too much. They'll sound better too

Enjoy and ride safe
  5. Enjoy the Vtr. They are a great bike. I have a 99 model which I am about to sell and I have nothing but fun on it. It's easy to ride in either traffic, through nasho, up the pass, jamberoo, it handles it all easily and is so reliable. I am only selling mine as I already have the big bike in waiting, otherwise I would keep it. They are just so versatile and fun. Enjoy it
  6. welcome to NR and congrats on a great learner bike!!
    get the oggy's!!
  7. Congrats on the VTR. I have an '05 model currently up for sale as i think im about due an upgrade :)
    Definately a great, reliable bike. Enjoy mate (y)
  8. good choice, I have a 99 VTR myself. I love it and can't wait to get rid of it in two months when i get my full licence. It's been a real workhorse, no dramas and solid as a rock.
  9. +1 for getting oggys, they saved my bike once already! *woops*
    Awesome bikes VTRs, I am sure that you will love it. Heck why do soooo many of us get them as first bikes.
    Welcome to the gang.
  10. Hmmm, maynee they are a great little bike :)