Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first bike....newbie nsw

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by juggernaut, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Hi guys
    My names Shawn I'm from Campbelltown NSW
    I ride a 2011 cbr250r red/silver (which has been in the family since about 30km old)
    Originally my little brothers bike but after he got he's fulls he moved on and convinced me to go for my L's which I did.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my new experience riding my bike still can't wipe the smile off my face every time I hope on the bike
    It's basically stock ATM lol I've painted the exhaust cover black which I think looks better and bought a custom rear seat cowl and rear fender eliminator (not yet fitted)

When I first bought the bike (left completely stock from my brother)

And this is how it sits

2. Nice!!! My first bike was a cbr205R as well! Loved it! handles and rides well even on the track!

btw that exhaust cover is the first thing to get scratched if you have drop the bike, so painting it will make it an easy fix. Hope you never drop her though, but parts are pretty cheap :)

I wouldn't modify anything more than you already have. You'll upgrade when you are unrestricted and you won't get your money back when you sell.
  3. I've got exactly the same bike :) That cowl looks awesome! Can I ask where you got it?

I think I should paint my exhaust cover, i scratched it a tiny bit on a wall once cause it sticks out so bloody far and now that bit is starting to rust a little bit... :(

Happy riding!
  4. thanks myke..
    i have this common illness that affects my ability to leave things stock lol.
    im not going to go to crazy on this bike.
    ATM im looking at changing the front sprocket from 14t to 13t to give it a bit more acceleration.
    changing the colour of the bike (im a qualified painter)
    and maybe a new exhaust
  5. hey mate im on a CBR250 forum aswell
    CBR250.net i bought it in this forum the user who sells them is SAC their are different designs too
  6. its easy to paint your exhaust cover and improves the look of the bike i used satin black which is really low gloss black
  7. Welcome to NR(y)
  8. Welcome to NR!