Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first bike drz400sm :)

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Romie, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Here is my brand spanking new 09 drz400sm, got it on saturday and its my first bike :)

2vlnqt0.

241nvwi.

2chrlhe.

2r73i1e.

35n4q6e.

33yowgw.

2w4xp4y.

2. Nice looking bike man, congrats

3. Nice looking bike. How comfy is it on long rides?

4. What in the little pouch thing behind the seat?

5. is there a conversion kit for sm to off road?

6. Nice bike, jeez you learners have it good these days!

On the question of conversion, it is tricky but can be done. New wheels and often new brake components.

7. Its for a small tool kit. Enduro bikes of old used to do that. XR's have been doing it for a loooong time.

I think its a good idea.

8. Nice one! I picked mine up about a month ago.

[​IMG]

9. Havnt really been on it for more then a hour but I dont find it uncormfortable at all. Could be better but its not as bad as people make it out to be or maybe I got an iron ass :0

Nice, wow that actually looks alot better in the flesh then the pics on the suzuki website. I really wanted a black one so went out of the way to find a new one. Just curious how much you paid? Mine was 9800 onroad. I have a feeling I might of been ripped off but the the bastards woudlnt haggle an anymore :( I guess aslong as im happy all good :)

10. Nice one, great looking machine, all you gotta do now is remove all those stickers of it .

11. Cool bike, good choice.

Watch that front wheel though, they all steer quicker with both tyres on the bitumen.... :LOL:

12. ^ Working on that ;), I tried but it didnt work. Going to have to use a hair dryer to them off. Also wanna remove the toolbag and add a fender eliminator to make the rear end sexy :)

13. Sweet :)

I've got an 05 SM :)

Check out thumpertalk when you want to start moddin' :)

14. dirt bike? sexy? your doing it wrong.

15. I got mine for 9200 onroad. I called up about 6 dealers and got prices, found most in Sydney wanted $10000+, ended up getting mine from Maitland. I didn't try haggling at all as I was happy to pay that. I called one place in SA and they wanted only 8890 ride away.

I picked mine up then rode about 2 hours to Scone to see my old girl, 2 hours is about the max I can go before needing to give my butt a rest. I'll be looking into seating options to make it a bit more comfy. I've almost finished breaking her in, got about 250km to go. Can't wait to be able to go to MAX POWAAA.