Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My first 12 months of riding - a reflection

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by edgelett, Sep 19, 2006.

1. well I've just clicked over 12 months of riding on the road & thought I'd havea think about everything that happened....

Got my L's on August 28th 2005, and bought a CB250 within a week. A great machine, it's never done me wrong. Starts without fail, runs like a gem, and I can even get it into neutral once in a while! lol

My first ride in traffic was wierd - all of a sudden I realised there were cars VERY CLOSE to me. But after about 30 mins I relaxed & enjoyed the ride!

I remember my first big group ride - the WIMA pink ribbon ride. the cibby had a hard time keeping up once we hit the freeway etc but the bike did it's best & I certainly did not get there last!

Since then we've had many adventures, several near misses, but I haven't dropped it (yet)

Memorable moments include: riding through the barossa & actually hitting 110kph!!! an achievement on a cibby i tell you!

riding from Adelaide to Naracoorte on the cibby, then returning through the coorong - lots of bugs, sore arse, but a GREAT trip

riding to gawler with my dad & BF for the afternoon

riding to work almost every day & just thinking to myself "man - this is so much fun!"

I still haven't gotten her to wheelie - must try harder I'm considering getting a custom plate "2-Fiddy" but not sure if I can justify the cost!

meanwhile, in February of this year, the same day I passed my RDate test, I bought the Honda Hornet 600. Only 5 months & 2 days to go, she's sitting in the shed while I turn her into a custom streetfighter. not much left to do to her.

anyway just wanted to share a few moments with you all!
  2. It is always great to hear stories like that. I think days like those are the reason why most of us ride. :)
  3. Not particularly fond of work, but love getting there and going home, my daily dose of sanity...now if only i could move further away...