Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Favourite Game

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Urban, Apr 22, 2005.

1. It's called "Lets see how lost I can get on the way home from work"

My regular commute from the airport to Boronia is 50% shitty traffic on the freeway and 50% shitty traffic through the suburbs.

What I've been doing instead is turning up the first new road I see and then just sort of just heading in the general direction of home.

I avoid traffic lights and roads I know whenever possible and if there's a choice between increased traffic and heading in the wrong direction.
    I go in the wrong direction.

The link below is where I ended up last night.

I think it was double the distance of my usual 1 hour trip home but it only took an extra 1/2 hour and instead of wanting to kill people I had a lot of fun instead.

Does anyone else play this game and if so, what has been your longest unplanned trip home?
  2. I do that a fair bit, mainly travelling to mates places. It's fun isn't it :)

I normally take hrmm, 35-40 mins to get to my friends place in ringwood east, few weekends ago when it was a really really nice hot sunny day, I think I managed to make that 35 min trip last 4 hours. Sooo fun
  3. I'm liking the idea of this game of yours gonna give it a whirl tonight on the way home in peak hour sounds like a hell of a good way to amuse one's self instead of playing 'how thin can I make my scoot'..
  4. Sorry Marty, I reckon thats cheating - you knew where you were going, even if it was unplanned.
  5. Any weekend I go for a solo ride is exactly like that. Point it in the general direction I want to head and go. Sometimes I hit great roads, sometimes some really boring ones. It's always fun and although I couldn't tell you where I am at any given point I don't really care. :)
  6. That's generally what I do too, except I always seem to end up on some slippery bloody goat track through the bush, (Wallhalla to Woods Point for instance)

Maybe I should get a dual sport.
  7. It only takes you an hour to get from the airport to Sassafrass??? That's makin'pretty good time! :shock:
  8. I'm actually in Boronia but could only get the map thing to work as far as sassafras.

Usual route takes me an hour in the arvo and 45 minutes in the morning.

Last nights trip took just over 1 and a half hours so was good fun and mostly legal.
  9. every time I try this i end up on a friggin dirt road! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. Jeez! It takes me a good half hour just to get from Footscray to Richmond and it's a dull ride no matter what - fricken lights, fricken cars, fricken frick.
  11. Do this a lot. Yesterday had to go from Croydon to Kalista. Went via Healseville / Woori Yallock / Cockatoo and came back via Belgrave / Olinda. Such a shitty day for riding yesterday as well. :D :D :D :D :D
  12. pmsl... I play this game all the time.

Not that I do it intentionally, its just my sence of direction is so screwed.
    I couldnt find my way to the end of the street without a melways. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But Ive found some really great roads, just cant remember how to get back there. :oops: :oops:
  13. me too - thats why i got an adventure :D
  14. You guys have a suburb called Sassafras? Thats awesome! :LOL:
  15. All you need now is Safrole huh? heh
  16. We got a place called "nowhere else", honest... it's just down from "paradise"

Fair dinks...