Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Experience with Deca

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by arlennnn, May 12, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,

Today I did my Learner Permit course at DECA in Carrum Downs. I managed to pass with the help of two fantastic blokes, Rob and Dave. Couldn't recommend them and thank them enough.

When I first began the day I was as nervous as you could get and was surprised my legs didn't fall of with the way my knees were shaking. But their humor and banter quickly made me calm.

They took us through the day and made sure we didn't progress until we understood everything. This show heavily in the practical side of the day. Having on limited experience on scooters and quad bikes, having to use a clutch while riding was very new to me. But the way they taught us I picked it up straight away and am proud to say I didn't stall once during the day!

To everyone about to do their test, I can't tell you enough to listen to everything that your instructors say, and don't get over confident when you start getting things right, because you'll begin to mess up.

I know I'll be going back to them to get my Probationary license and I can't wait to get out onto the road now. :)