Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

my day got worse...just saw a bike accident

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by edgelett, Feb 13, 2006.

1. or at least the aftermath. I knocked off work early to head to the rider safe course & get in some practice before my test Saturday. I approached an intersection with 2 ambulances & heaps of cop cars. I was heading west along anzac highway. there was a blue naked bike lying in the middle lane of the eastbound traffic (3 lanes wide), while the "turn right" lane of the west bound traffic had 3 cars that had rear ended each other.

by the looks of the accident, someone had suddenly decided to change lanes into the right hand turn lane, hit the bike & thrown it onto the other side of the road, while the cars waiting to turn right then all rear ended each other.

I don't know how many people were injured or how badly, I just saw a person in a neck brace on a trolley being loaded into the ambulance. don't know the model of bike, just saw it lying there..blue naked one. couldn't see more cause the car behind me was beeping at me to hurry up.

whoever the rider is - I hope they're ok.
  2. geese that sucks, hope the rider is ok
  3. It seems a black cloud is over Adelaide at the moment.... A mate of mine yesterday saw a guzzi that had been hit by a 4WD turning in front of it (again :roll: ) The 50ish y/o lady riding wasn't in too good a shape either apparantly

Watch out please everybody!
  4. i just checked the paper Fluffy, no reports of a fatality so I guess that's some good news....

I know what you mean, too many accidents at the moment.
  5. Just remember that Ambo's err on the side of caution when it comes to accident victims.

It's better to stick a neck brace on everyone and go through full spinal precautions than to not do it on a patient who has an injury and make it worse.

I've seen many people sent to hospital from racing offs and have them released from Hospital a couple of hours later after a thorough check up and a few hours rest and observation.

In other words, it may not be as bad as it looked to a casual observer (I hope).
  6. fingersand toes crossed.......... damn hard to type like this.

Hope they are all ok! Keep your eyes open people!!!!
  7. Stay safe all.

I was in my bike gear a couple of weeks ago about 5 mins before i was leaving for work & was watching Sunrise with the wife.

One of the Sunrise crew got killed in a bike accident the night before. I think my missus felt sick after seeing that.
  8. As Androo is fond of saying:

"Stop crashing people."

No seriously, stop it.

9. Yep Dont let the facts stand in the way of a good story :roll:

Cheers :cool:
  10. from wat i have read recently there was two bike fatalitys in adelaide on the weekend.

so not going well folks..

ride safe and stay upright.