Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Crossrunner

1. Pompy submitted a new Showcase Item:

My Crossrunner

Read more about this showcase item here...
  2. So how is it on the road?
  3. I love it, did 600Kms over the Easter weekend, I had a Vstrom before that, it is head an shoulders above that!!!
  4. Funky bike.

I read one review and the test riders didn't expect to like it and admitted they were wrong.
  5. Nice looking bike mr PompyPompy
    I like the finish on it and colour as well.
    Looks lowish to the ground which I like too.
    How's it handling the winter weather...:)
  6. Nice bike. I was thinking of upgrading to one of these myself. What sort of fuel consumption are you getting?
  7. I get about 5.1 L per 100Kms, but I ride like a pensioner, 380 to 400 out of a tank, possibly more if you were just cruising, and it is fairly stable until you really give it the beans:sneaky:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I put bark buster blizzards on it, so that combined with heated grips, and a heated undershirt it/me coped with a 4 degree morning ride last week, still looking for my testicles tho.........
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I too have a Vstrom 650 and am looking at this bike. Have you put any panniers on it yet? ... The factory options are very expense :-( over $3K for top box + two panniers
    I have a 45 litre top box on my Vstrom (SHAD ~$700) which works great b/c it fits my helmet and jacket ... but the factory top box is much smaller and more expensive.
    Was looking at a Yamaha MT-09 Tracer, which includes panniers for the same price, but I suspect it is a bit too much of a hoon machine for me.
    The Kawasaki Versys looks good too .. choices?

Any one know any good cheaper options for panniers that will fit a helmet?
  10. The only luggage I have at the moment is a tailbag. I want to get a ventura rack but to date they have not made them for this bike, apparently the bike has only just been released in NZ, where ventura racks are made.
    I had a look at the MT, didn't like the feel of it, personal thing I guess
  11. shuckershucker just ordered a SW Motech rack for the bike, but its on a boat from Germany at the moment.......