Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

my cbr250rr wont start first time

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by cleanhands, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Recently bought an aussie model cbr250rr...

The bike will not start first time. It takes many start or a choke with some throttle to get her going. She might stay on for a little bit before the engine just cuts out. Once I'm riding however everything is fine and I can turn her off and on again no problem without the choke.

Recently I had an off in a car park after riding for a while and I had to use the throttle and choke again to start her but normally once the bike is warm its no problem to start her up.

The previous owner would put in premium and that's still in the tank and I've heard that can cause problems.. like blocking the carburetor?
  2. If it's cold weather and you're starting the bike for the first time it's normal to need the choke, that's what it's for.
  3. Nope i run premium in mine. no problems. its sometime a biach starting when its cold. on warm days starts no problems
  4. Oh right, I didn't know it was normal to need to choke when cold...
  5. If you haven't already done it, do a full service too.
  6. hot summers day you wont need a choke. yes change the oil n filter at least