Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

my CBR250

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by lord nykon, Jan 13, 2006.

1. well i just got my new bike and hade to tell some one and i thort why not tell every one!!

and a big thanx to all net riders you have been very helpfull and have helped me chose the corect first road bike for me well just wanted to say thankyou

2. im so happy now weeks and weeks of serching finaly paid off

3. Good Stuff mate you won't be dissapointed with that bike.

You got any pics?

4.  Top
  5.  Top
  6. passing?

hay i got a qustion for other cbr owners what dose the passing button do (on the left bar above the indercaters)
    if i dont get a reply soon im going to go test it LOL
    well if i do find out what it meens i will test it anny way but i will just be more preperd for what it dose
    im just expecting a quick speed burst :grin: :grin: :grin:

7. WOW, that is the best looking CBR 250 colour scheme i have seen, and i looked at quite a few when looking for bikes.

8. It is called the passing highbeam button. I am assuming it puts on the highbeam so you are more visible when overtaking. (Just a guess)

9. ok thanks but i was hoping for some thing that made me go heaps farster LOL

10. Ohh yeah right .... umm .... it's for the nitro baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Nice bike!! congrats..

12. Good on ya champ :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hope you enjoy every minute of it :grin: :grin:

13. Nice looking bike lord nykon.

Take it easy until you get a good feel of it...you'll have a layer of dead pugs on the front in no time.

14. Yeh, those 250's are not bad looking.

15. ok now i got a problem dads come home from his gf's and he wont let me ride it on the road

i meen i got all the gear and every thing but he wants me to ride it around the house and its so crap i carnt get it out of first and im allways on the brakes and clutch (he reccons it will inprove my riding)
    but my bike is getting realy hot any sugestions on how to get him to let me back on the road

hes going to be spending a lot of time at home over the next week or so

16. You are old enough to do what you want. You are legaly allowed to ride so tell him to shove it.

17. Actually he might be old enough to do what he wants in some respects, but at 16 he's not licensed (or even have a permit yet) so it's not that clear cut. (is this the case, lk??)

So here's an idea. Can dad ride it to a place like an industrial area, etc, where you CAN ride it? I'd just hate to see some over-zealous cop doing the right thing by booking you for breaking the law......

18. the cops around heare a pritty good and dad dosent have his license eather

so its just a matter of getting him to let me ride it ive taken it out on the streets erlier (i live out of town so i got lots of roads and little trafic i ride horses on the road hear its so quite) so hes just being a pain

and i get my p's this month i think
    i carnt wait!!!
    so is there anny thing i could say to convince him that its safe for me to be riding on the road

19. Well im assuming he has got his learners permit .. in SA you can get it at 16 :\

edit:

Yeah exactly he has his L's so he can go out by himself legaly. I definitly condemn riding illegaly ..