Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My C50

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by DDC, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Howdy folks,
    Here are a couple of pics of my pride and joy, an '08 model C50.
    I've had her for 6 months/ 4000kms, and haven't had a single drama.
    All the little addons and mods have been done by me, with plenty more to come.

See you on the road!

2. That is a seriously good lookin' bike. Love the whitewalls.
  3. now that is a handsome c50. congratulations :applause:
  4. Very schmick. I'm not all that familiar with the Suzukis - I take it the chrome trim around the tank and guards is an add-on? If so, where did you get it and how difficult was it to fit. It looks as if it was meant to be there so you've obviously done a pretty good job of it. It really highlights the curves.
  5. Thanks folks :grin:
    A lot of people didn't like the idea of the whitewalls, but as soon as they saw it, they were converted :cool: I won't go back to stockies!

rourkster, you're right.
    It's just some 'U' section crome door trim. I got it from the states with some other stuff, but im sure if you tried Autobarn or somewhere, you'd find it easy enough. Mine cost about $20 and came in a roll of 20ft which was just enough to do the whole bike.
    It's easy enough to put on, took about an hour or so. On the guards it slips over the edges and on the tank it sits over the weld flange.
    For such an easy and cheap addon, It makes a huge improvement.

6. Wow, I can understand why she is your pride and joy! Just amazing *drool*
  7. Love the whitewalls!
  8. On 24th to 26th of this month (October) there will be about an extra 50 M109's there!
    We will be easy to find LOL. Come and join us!.
    PM me, and I will pm back the place we are all staying at.
  9. Nice bike, just needs a light bar on the front to fill it out. Love the white walls and trim.
  10. That bike looks fantastic!! Nicely done!

I want the white wall tyres for mine now!( I have the blue/silver 08 model.)

What pipes did you put on and were they expensive? I prefer the look of yours to those that come stock standard, are they more noisy than the standard ones?
  11. trinityseven, cheers!

The pipes are DG Hard Chrome Big Straights. I got them from the states, and fitted them myself. Cost was about $1200 to get them here and $20 for local exhaust bloke to weld on a nut to fit the Oxygen sensor.

The change in noise is huge! I love it, it's loud, but its a good growley sound. Ill take a video of it one day and upload it.

I think its worth the outlay, the change in look and sound makes a huge difference.

12. Did the pipes void your warranty? It's a great looking bike
  13. Thanks!

My local suzi shop doesn't mind the pipes (I bought the bike through them too so i think im in their good books ;) )

They won't let me put a fuel processor on it though. Not a major hassle, but something to consider.
  14. Man that looks good I have an 07 red and black. where did you get white walls and did they cost the earth
  15. I want to put that chrome U strip around my tank on my M50, saw another M50 with it and it looked good.