Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Boss is such a . . .!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by farawayman, Oct 25, 2005.

1. At work we are into our busiest time of the year. No one is allowed any time off till Christmas.

The boss comes around and tells me I have to go to a 3-day conference in the middle of November. :?

He tells me it’s in Sydney. :cry:

He tells me he’s booking airfares. :evil: :evil:

I told him I don’t fly, I don’t do anything dangerous. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He says for me to “get there” he doesn’t care how! (Ok, now he’s telling me something I can do) :idea:

He’s booked me into some place called Manly! (Tell me, what can a bloke do there?) 8)

He’s told I can take something called “the ferry” from there. (Is that like a tram only its in Sydney)? :LOL:

He’s given me the rest of that week off. \:D/ \:D/

So looks like the old K11 is going to get a run and will need a service.
    I had better drag out a map and find a way to get there. I don’t do "the Hume".

And that’s where you guys can step in. Suggestions please?
  2. First of all you will need the extra cash that was to be spent on the airfares, that should cover a new set of tyres.
  3. If your a bloke and single then being in Manly is your ticket to heaven. Lots of Cafes, beachfront, shopping combine all that and you get naturally get one of the best places in sydney to find beautiful women.

"The Ferry" as you put it is exactly that a ferry. You know those big boats that hold lots of people. Well it's one of them. It's basically like a water bus and is BY FAR the easiest way to get yourself over to Manly from the city.

Having just done that run down from Wollongong to Melbourne i can tell you the Coast road is much more fun then the Hume. We did the coaast road down, hume back and the coast road was much more pleasant (and according to the GPS Trip Calculator almost the same distance and time. I'll put a map up of the root we took later on today. It is a SIMPLE ride.

4. Manly sucks - stay away.
  5. Nice twisty road - will take you 2 days.

melb - Healesville-Buxton-Alexandra Yarck- Merton-Mansfield-Whitfield-Moyhu-Docker-Milawa-Beechworth-Yackandandah-Barunduda-Kiewa-Red Bluff-Tallangatta-Corryong-Khancoban - SLEEP - Thredbo Jindabyne-Cooma-Nimmitabel-Bemboka-Brogo-Batemans Bay-Nowra- Kangaroo Valley-Fitzroy Falls-Robertson-Albion Park-Sydney.

About 1200 ks
  6. A small alternative to bbrush's route....

Just after Tallangatta, you can turn off and head towards Bullioh. this road goes over some mountain range, lovely corners, and comes down the other side and runs along the Murray River. There are lovely sweepers along here. It will eventually take you to Khancoban. It'll add extra k's to the trip, but not a huge amount.
  7. Dave, give me a ring and I'll fill you in! I can't promise you a ride like I had down there, but I can make sure you don't get lost or lonely!
    And the rest of the week off?? Woo-hoo there's some nice roads around too!
    Call me!
  8. I’m thinking, Yarra Junction, Noojee, Moe then the back way to Maffra cross the highway and onto Bengworden and Bairnsdale. Bruthen up to Buchan then down to Orbost. Cross the highway again through to Marlo and Cape Conran and rejoin the Princes at Cabbage Tree. Head along the Princes Hwy and then up the Imlay Rd to the Manaro Hwy to Bombala. After that not sure yet.

Not fair, the boss still wants work out, after springing this on me. There's maps to read, roads to compare and Internet friends to get advice from.
    :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Will do mate, tonight
  10. I will need that when I get back.
    :LOL: :LOL:
  11. Thinking something like that on the way home.
  12. After Bombala go up to the Snowy Mts highway and go to the coast via Bemboka - this is the Brown Mountain and will get your juices flowing!!

I've been told that Bombala-Wyndham-Candelo-Bega is also good, but narrower.

At Batemans Bay you could go up to Braidwood - this is the Clyde Mountain - then to Tarago -Goulburn-Marulan_Bundanoon Mossvale Robertson etc.