Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My baby

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Tracecon, Mar 8, 2010.

1. My 2009 Yamaha XVS650 Custom. Blinged up with custom paint job, V&H slash cut, grips, mirrors, horn cover and bullet indicators. Took the L plates off for the shots - love it, well at least for 3 -5 years.

2. i like it, looks tops, needs a 240 wide tyre though :)
  3. Very nice!

4. Dad's got an XV750 and it only has a 130 rear tyre. Doesn't seem right, but it looks perfectly normal.
    Infact it looks a lot bigger.. I was quite surprised when I read the numbers on the side.

PS: nice ride bro (y)
    Not often that I like the outcome of "bling"-like airbrushing but thats just awesome

Works especially well on the midnight version (ie. black engine and frame, not chrome)

5. I love the paintwork and your handgrips, very very nice bike. Congratulations!
  6. if u dont mind telling, what did the airbrushing end up costing?
  7. There's only one way I can put it. A good looking bike made HOT!
  8. Thanks for the comments all - BTW tyres stock. Will look at upgrading when I have a bit of extra cash, but not too fussed. Airbrushing was $1200.

Truthfully, this was my wifes but she now has a Triumph Speedmaster. That was the intentional plan as she always had her MC licence but has not ridden for 10 years. So we agreed that she get a 650, bling it up to how I want it then when I got my learners she upgrades to what ever she wanted. It was a toss up between a cheap Harley or the Speedmaster - wise choice in the end. So the 650's mine for a few years then I'll upgrade.
  9. A great looking bike mate!! :):)
  10. great look. the headlight, the paint the grips.

thought about one of those hypercharger intake thingies?

i know your gonna want to keep on pimping. in 3 years time this will be a seriously trick bike :p
  11. Yep, one of those hypercharger intake thingies are on the cards too. Probably the next bit of bling, then forward controls. I notice when on the 650 I actually have to lift my foot off the peg to change down as I cant get my foot to bend enough when on the peg. That's with boots or shoes. When I sat on the Speedmaster, easy to do with the controls forward.
  12. Did I see this in Adelaide this morning about 8:30am turning onto Main North Road with a pillion?

If I did, looks sweet in the metal. If I didn't, you got yourself a doppelganger!
  13. :rofl: - just what someone wants to hear after spending thousands on modding a bike - "I just saw another one EXACTLY like that..."

Looks good though, the paint looks like a nice job, and the blackout on the rest of the metal makes the pipes stand out nicely.

That's one hot lookin LAMS bike :LOL:
  14. Nope. Lives here with me in Port Lincoln.

Cheers Darkhorse.