Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My 1st Bike! 09 Aprilia RS125

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by mrCAMPO, Oct 13, 2009.

1. I posted in the welcome thread as well, but would also like to post here since it is my "new ride" \\:D/

Passed my L's on 23 Sep, and knew if I passed I wanted to get my hands on an italian bike..

Done 50k's, just around my local. So far absolutely enjoying the thrill of finally riding a bike. Haven't really taken it past 7000rpm, because honestly it starts climbing with the powerband and next thing you know I'm breaking the speed limit! With good time I'll get used to giving her some decent WOT. Oh yeah need to get some more protection gear, so prob this weekend, some shopping to do.

More pics to come hopefully soon!

2. Congrats mate!
    From what I hear, they're a great handling bike
  3. Sweet looking bike there.
  4. Thanks for the compliments guys. I essentially wanted something preferably new. Gives me a greater responsibility to take care of the bike from day 1.

Im 5'9, 71kgs, so I feel this bike is perfect for me. I felt more confident on this than some other bikes I was looking at. Plus I got the approval from the better half so its great.

Certainly looking forward to a Netrider cruise and meet up with you guys.
  5. That's one of the coolest 125s I've ever seen. Onya mate!
  6. good gear too..
  7. Nice ride there.
  8. Appreciate the kind comments. Stingin to go for a ride, just leaving work now.. its getting addictive! Thank goodness for daylight savings now.
  9. That is a nice 125. It's a good thing you are smallish!

You will be flicking that thing around the twisties in no time.
  10. That is very NICE! Like the matching helmet too.
  11. Cheers mate. It's surprisingly quiet considering all the neg feedback on Arai's regarding excessive noise.

Question: Do you guys generally listen to music whilst riding? I don't know whether I should be only purely concentrating, considering I'm on my learners still. Just a thought.
  12. Very nice bike, it is original graphic? Look like Holden bagd
  13. I believe so. There's not many of this graphic scheme. Must be a limited edition. There were more black versions, but I like the clean look of this one. Fair dinkum it's also a lion symbol just like Holden lol.
  14. Nice looking bike. Love the 2-strokes!

Enjoy it above 7000rpm, the party is only just beginning.
  15. Nice one mrCAMPO! Gotta love the strokers...

...especially from 8,000 til 11,000rpm! Go on, you know you want to. Plus, it'll help bed the rings to the bore properly and end up giving you less blow-by, thus more power.

Cheers - boingk
  16. For sure mate! I've been givin her 8-9000 on 2nd and 3rd gear, but also keeping the RPM's at various ranges. Still getting used to the clutch, so i still stall it when in an incline at traffic lights :furious:
  17. Just added some new shots today. Beautiful weather!
  18. Congrats !

Wow, looks fantastic !

I had a 1999 model and it was lotsa fun.
    From memory, it took 3500-4000rpm just to take off. And it's a game of gear-shift tapping to keep the revs in the powerband.
    It was a love-hate affair. Loved it in the twisties, hated it in stop-start traffic.

But geez, I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning. :p

Just remember to fully warm them up before going WOT.\\:D/
  19. looks very nice, how much was it and where did you get it?

what is insurance cost like and can you get oggy knobs for it?