Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My 09 CB400

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by bradr, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Just thought i'd introduce you to my ride , or one of them anyway , i also have 2 Vespa's , a 66' VBC & a 250GTS , i purchased the 400 in Dec last year with 1250 k's on it , i had been thinking/looking about bikes for 12 months or so, not that i was unhappy with my 250 Vespa especially on long trips --Melbourne , Bathurst etc but i did find that when in company with bikes i was always working the Vespa pretty hard , mind you its done 70,000k's & not a sign of protest yet .
    So far i've done 6500k's on the 400 & now that i'm used to it i really love it , i gave it its 1st real boot full a couple of weeks back & boy when you get over 7000rpm it all starts to happen ,before i knew it i was doing 170kph , pretty quick for a little motor i thought ,it also is very easy to ride , corners well , is very pillion capable {have taken my wife Nowra/Wollongong return & with the exception of it not being as bouncy over the bumps you wouldn't even know about the extra weight on it}, 2 weeks ago i did a 4 day snowy in the summer ride with 8 other bikes and although they were much bigger capacity bikes than mine the 400 had absolutely no trouble keeping up even with my luggage , i guess if there was any negative about the 400 it would be the fuel economy , i guess i'm used to the Vespa @ 2.5L/100 so the Honda @ 3.8L/100 is noteably heavier , i fitted a screen which made a huge difference to wind {guess i was spoiled with the scooter screen} & also fitted a rack & 46L Givi box to put my junk in which dosen't seem to affect the bikes handling etc , but all in all i think i made a good move buying a 400 , its given me the edge i was after without going to a BIG bike , i have also just fitted one of those headlamp Skinz which was a very fiddly job but had very good result in the end .

Attached Files:

2. Looking good mate, I've sent you a PM about going for a ride sometime.. and to pick your brains about what kind of screen that is

3. You get 3.8l/100km outta that thing? Best I've ever seen is about 7 lol!

4. Holly mackeral , what are you doing to it , are you sure you are working it out correctly ?, thats about 40mpg in the old scale ,you might be having more fun with yours than i do , my riding is steady acceleration & usually round 110-115kph max on the highway , my son has a 650 Hyo Comet & gets around the same economy that you get , but when i try to pace him its certainly obvious why he only gets that much Lol

5. Hmm ,now if i could work out how to PM ya back i would , Sat/Sunday is better for me , txt me on 0428418171 when you're shifts line up & i'm in , as for the screen its an "F-Series" i got from MCAS at Auburn for $149 [gen Honda is bout $400 i believe ] , i had to make 2 aluminium brackets to fit it but they were real easy to do , works well even though i've got it sitting very upright . cheers Brad

6. I weigh 105kg and 6"3 so I'm not exactly the aerodynamic rider bikes with little motors favour.

I don't baby it either. Much herbs much of the time. See's 10,000RPM a minimum of a handful of times to and from work.

7. online they're $167 delivered [F-Series screens]

8. Is that from MCAS ?

9. Your'e more adventurous than me Lol , had mine to 11,000rpm for a short distance in 6th gear , it had quite a lot more to give but i backed off cause i need my licence , have you seen the "Youtube" video's ? , type in Honda CB400 at 180kph , there is about 4 good vids with them doing genuine 180kph .

10. Sure is, $8 delivery Aust wide..

11. goddie , how do you like the 900 Hornet ? , that was a bike that i gave very serious thought too , i like the "Fireblade " type motor , old school but very tried/proven over the years ,like the 400 the 900 Hornet is a fairly classic style machine with modern technology i reckon & although i don't know antone who has one , i read a lot of very impressive reviews on them.

12. They must have had a price rise since early January ?

13. possible but over the fone and face to face usuallt different prices, you're lucky enough to get it a little cheaper.

14.  Top