Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

mwhahahahahaahahahahaha cold no more!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by raffiki, Jun 17, 2005.

1. heated grips are the best thing since sliced bread :D :D :D

i reckon i could ride naked as long as these babies were on :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

now to get an underseat pipe :wink:

go get some

2. which ones did you get? cost? installation? features?

3. Ooooooh, so envious
  4. bloody goldwing riders :LOL: :LOL:
  5. www.oxprod.com goto essentials then pick winter gear. cost me 129$ dunno if that was a good price or not as i was bloody cold, rode into the shop, said gimmie and came back in an hour :)

but it has a kewl thing on it so that you can adjust the heat.... ooooohhhhh twiddly knobs and buttons :D
  6. I read a review of one guy who put some snowmobile ones on his bike - you could NEVER turn them off, just down! :LOL:
  7. now now coco dont make me get all kwakasaki on your arse :LOL:

hmmmm i wonder if i can get a headunit amp and speakers in the kwaka...
  8. Nice one - and pretty good value for $129.

I went out and bought some nice waterproof DriRider winter gloves today - with the you-beaut bit of sewn-in suede for wiping your visor.

I got sick of riding to work all snug and toasty-warm, except for my cold wet hands...
  9. you know, i've been thinking along those lines myself :LOL:

but i was thinking that a headunit might be a bit of a hassle, but a good set of space conservative, low voltage computer speakers hooked up to the bike power and plugged into a standard MP3 player might do the trick :D then you could do the chapel run on your bike! fooooly sik 8)
  10. Helmet's gonna look nuts with a 10" speaker over each ear and a woofer onthe back!!! :p
  11. No - to ride naked you need a BMW K1200LT with the heated seat... :LOL: :LOL:

Of course you could also get the heated Thermokomfort insoles that BMW sell (they use a rechargable battery similar to a mobile phone - it straps onto the leg....)

or the heated vest...

But now I think we're getting silly :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Yeah you might as well drive a car :oops: :oops: :oops:
  13. my 'cheap' alternative to forking out the cash to buy heated handgrips is to keep a stash of 'heat pad thingys' at home for ludicrously cold days...

you buy them at japanese style supermarkets - they're like little sachets of powder and when you open the wrapper and squeeze them a chemical reaction occurs and they heat up lasting for a few good hours - slip them inside your gloves and oooh baby :D

i suppose you could put them in your boots/pants as well if so desired :LOL:
  14. If you don't use them they go hard and don't work after a year or so
    and right when you need them too DAMHIK! :( .

Disposals shops have them as well sometimes - and they're cheap too.

Who still has to fix the heated grips before the Icicle ride.
    (But I've got nice new gloves though :D :D :D )
  15. i was thinking more of one of those jet heaters they use for warehouses on the back of the bike ;)

as for the subs i would have a 16" on either side of the front wheel rotating as well of course and some neon cable running around the bike in tune with da sic t00ns moite!
  16. Way to go maaaate.... :D

Time for me to get the Crumpler Bags out. :D
  17. Welcome to the *Dark Side* :p :p
    (But at least it's warm, eh?) :LOL: :LOL: