Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MVrog was a racer!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Johnny O, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Hey guys, we all know MVrog as an eccentric, old fart :wink: but he was actually a Superbike racer back in the 80's, punted around quite a fire-breathing GPZ900 Kawa...... come on Rog show us some pics!

2. He was also a wheelie pulling, burnout firing, wedding-disrupting transvestite. And you haven't lived until you've heard him rap.
  3. Thanks Johnny and Loz, for dragging me out of the closet.

I will search for pics. Have a few, but don't know where.
    I still have the forkbrace from that bike. Will a shot of that be ok instead.
  4. Must say noticed you knew your stuff. Especially that thread with all your old racers having a go at each other, that was amusing stuff :]

Keep it up MVrog! Would love to see a "Old buggers GP" with newer bikes just to see how you old fellas hold up on the track these days =D

Would also like to hear about what the racing teams were like back then, how the sponsors treated you guys and any pics videos you have =D

No pressure ;) just interesting to learn how things were compared to now :]
  5. :LOL: :LOL:

6. I have never disrupted a Wedding. The rest is true.
  7. Did you, or did you not, repeatedly pull extravagant wheelies and/or burnouts in front of a wedding party, while dressed in drag, pausing only to steal the bride for a joyride hoon, in front of a hysterical and wildly drunk group of well known australian motorcycle journalists, as the gentlemen involved in the wedding expressed their displeasure and intentions to put your face on the other side of your head?
  8. Yeah, thats mostly true. It was the reception. The wedding was well over.
    The blokes didn't offer violence, although they were a bit pissed off, mostly because their girlies found us more interesting. The blokes were more interested in discussing beer and flanellette shirts. Everyone had a great time, except for them. Bogan morons
  9. Another Jim Scaysbrook book coming up :LOL:?????

10. :LOL: nice one Rog :applause:
    Now that'd be a great YouTube vid :wink:
  11. Youtube wasn't invented then. Peter Thoeming covered it in "Road Rider", with photos.
  12. I'm sure I've got that somewhere. I'd have to spend a week on the shitter to find it though, and I'm not sure my constitution's up to it.
  13. I've got it here, somewhere.
  14. put pics up loz.............of the magazine
  15. :worthlesspics:

16. The best that I can do, is to scan a page. Crap quality? Probably better if Loz does it.
  17. Scan away Rog, 72dpi's probably the best, then email it to me or post it up like a normal image.
  18. Maybe I should bring the photo over. I think that your scanner is better than mine.
  19. I don't know if I've even got one any more...
  20. Next time you are here then. It's a good shot, and worth sharing, if the quality is good.