Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MV Augusta speedo problems

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by robert1965, Nov 13, 2006.

1. hi,

after recently washing my bike the digital auto gauges (speedo and tacho etc) dont seem to want to work anymore...

any tips/suggestions or know of any one who will be able to fix it in the brisbane/bundaberg area?

looking forward to your help.

2. Water in the electrical connectors can cause all sorts of stuff to fail. I would let the bike dry 100% before taking it to a dealer who has to fault find – can be a long process & you’l be charged for every minute of it.

If you look around the dash you should be able to isolate the connectors & components that bring you your speed up on the dash. A liberal use of WD-40 (or equivilent) might help here.
    You might find a rubber boot or two missing of electrical connectors, something that seems to happen to bikes after they’ve had one or two services at a qualified workshop – in my experience.
  3. Fact of the matter my friend is that you look too good riding that motorcycle to worry about what speed you are doing. :grin:

Also, can I rub myself on your old Ducati?
  4. [img:461:326:c684d64676]http://www.mv-agusta-club-schweiz.ch/MV%20Agusta%20Club%20Schweiz%20Gifbilder%20Startseite/Ausschnitt2a.gif[/img:c684d64676]

What's an "Augusta"?

5. Now, now...the green eyed monster? :wink:
  6. Nope, I'm perfectly happy with my Suezuki! :LOL:
  7. Gromit -

Thank goodness you did that. I was just about to do it myself.

(grumble grumble spelling grammar mumble grumble whine...)

8. Dude - Nice pair if bikes you have.

Make sure you also check the fuses before doing too much else?
  9. thanks

Hi all,

well my daughter did the first post (hence the spelling mistake!!!) so that clears that up... :wink:

thanks for the suggestions, i have tried all of the above... i took it to a speedo repairer here in Bundaberg, and they told me they dont have the capability of repairing it. They told me the speedo was buggered...

not sure of the next step... hhmmm... anyone know of a second hand one for sale or where we might pick one up?
  10. Run for your lives!!!! It's the rolling eyes spelling police!!!!

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: