Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mudgee Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by zeddicus, Jul 15, 2008.

1. *EDIT* Was out there two weeks ago and it turns out I'm giving props to the business next door! It was actually Mudgee Kawasaki :oops:

Have been meaning to post this for a few months.

Back in April 2008 I happend to find myself in Mudgee on a trip visiting family. On the way out of town heading back to Sydney I decided to stop in at the local Kwaka dealer to see if I could pick up a C spanner for the lock nut on my ZZR-250 as well as some brake fluid.

Unfortunately it has been long enough now that I forget the bloke's name. What I've _not_ forgotten is the exemplary service I received.

The owner of MK served me and I can think of no way in which he could have been more helpful than he was. After we looked up the part number on the dealer network the owner had a look out back and discovered he had none in stock. Not to worry though, he just pulled one from his workshop and gave it to me for a few dollars. At this point I mentioned I was going to be pulling apart and cleaning the master cylinder, bleeding brakes for the first time etc. The owner spent the next fifteen minutes talking me through what to look for, what to watch out for, the best way to take apart a master cylinder on a ZZR etc. He even printed out a master cylinder diagram for me and added his own drawing to expand upon where he felt the book diagram was lacking.

When the owner learned I was on my way back to Sydney (was driving but he assumed I was riding), he mentioned I should do the work prior to going to Sydney and if I absolutely must be there soon and was not confident, he could fit the bike in first thing next day and have it done early for me.

All in all I was extremely happy with MK. They only made about $15 off me but I came away wishing that every dealer in Sydney was as courteous, helpful and willing to go out of their way to help a rider as Mudgee Motorcycles Tyres and Batteries. If I ever decide I need another kwaka I will definitely be going back there.