Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MT-09 Yamaha First Service - Recommend Mechanic

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Sahil Mehta, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,
    I'd like to get first service of my Yamaha MT-09 around Sydney Area.
    This is my second Yamaha MT-09 as the previous bike was written-off almost straight after the first service by an idiot who hit my while texting and driving. The previous bike was serviced from the dealer I bought my bike - Sydney City Motorcyles @ Kograh for $220 which at the time I thought was reasonable until I found it primarily just for engine oil change and bike cleaning. Firstly I prefer my bike not to be cleaned at $80 per hour labor cost. I also thought for the first services apart from engine oil the services would include tightening of all wires of brakes & clutch as they stretch and become loose.
    My bike was also loosing 20psi air every week and I was told by the shop mechanic thats normal, however after talking to a few friends later I found out it was a problem with the valve and loosing 20psi every week is not normal. So I'm trying to avoid not to go back to Sydney City Motorcycles for (second) first service of the bike. :)
    Any suggestions are welcome

Sahil M
  2. Hi Greg,
    Thanks for the welcome.
  3. how did you know my name is greg?
  4. lloyd penn, artarmon

(assuming you can get to work on the train)
  5. Yes, Thanks. Now that you mention I recall quite a few positive reviews about Lloyd Penn, Artarmon.
    I'll give them a buzz to book in my motorbike with them.