Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MT-07 vs ER-6nl ABS

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Jabba, Nov 15, 2014.

1. #1 Jabba, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    So the new yami seems to be quite the popular bike. Just wondering why. It is about 1 grand cheaper, but no abs. Is there some thing I'm missing?

I've yet to ride either, but from sitting on them the MT-07 seemed to have very creaky plastic shrouds around the tank/knee area that felt cheap. The kwaka had weird plastic bit near the frame that as a taller guy, my knees might be pressing against. Bit nothing creaked and as a bonus it has abs. As a bonus bonus it is really easy de-restrict.

Thoughts? I am planning on looking at one of these if I can some how convince the finance minister...
  2. Had a look at the GSXF 650? Easy as to de-restrict. Not sure bout the Yamaha but leaves the kwaka for dead.
  3. The MT-07 is lighter and has more torque.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MUCH more torque..
  5. Lack of ABS on the MT-07 would explain why it's a grand cheaper than the kwaka. I wouldn't be surprised if the 07 AND 09 get ABS next year, one of the reasons I bought my 09 when I did.

Have you considered the Suzuki V-strom 650 and Gladius? Not sure of price, but both have ABS.

Also has a wet weight of 241kg, runs an under bored bandit engine from memory.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. not sure how I forgot I started this thread lol! must have been on the turps...

I'm looking at the naked upright type bikes at the moment.

The LAMS MT-07?
    Do you know what I mean about the creaky plastic covers around the fuel tank? Creaked whenever I moved my knees.

V-Strom is too big and i don't know about the Gladius... just doesn't do it for me. I think if we get the MT-07 with ABS next year that is going make it a difficult choice depending on price. from the specs, the MT-07 only has a little more torque. I didn't realise how much lighter it is though, wow!
  7. The MT-07 is light and plenty of torque. I have not noticed creaky plastic noises or movements in mine. I gave these repeated nudges and very firm / aggressive movements with my hands at the dealer. No noises. The finish is good for what your paying. You won't get bored with this bike. I'd recommend you head on to a nearby dealer and give it a test ride.

You can de-restrict it but there are legal complications if you are in an accident or cause an accident where the bike needs to be taken away.

I have not ridden Suzuki V-Storm 650 or the Gladius so can't offer an immediate ride comparison.

Ride safe...respect.
    • Like Like x 1