Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MP3 Player - velcro edition

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by DarthVader, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Just picked up a Creative 128 MB mp3 player from Tandy. Loud enough to blurr some noise - not too loud to hear the coppers siren. Found that leaving in the top pocket was not the go - changing volume and tracks etc - so got me some double sided tape - velcro style. Stuck the player to my LH sleeve of my jacket- above the elbow. Wallah! visable and controlable MP3 player - cables tucked away. The to top it up, with a bit of velcro tearing noises...the player is detached from the jacket.

When are they gonna make these buggers wireless?...cheaply.

Just a tip if anybody was wondering.

Any other ideas??

2. I like the idea of using velcro to attach to your jacket. Only problem I can see is if you come into a sudden rain patch.

3. I have a pocket in the front of my Dri rider that I use. I find that leaving it on shuffle works for me.But I wouldn't put any more than one Rage Against The Machine song on your MP3 player at a time. It seems to have a negative effect on fuel mileage.... :wink:

You can check out what I like listening to here

http://spaces.msn.com/members/jacespace130/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_MusicList_ListID=cns!1pLF3AURTWa_HyhxfcP9iMlg!107&_c=MusicList

http://spaces.msn.com/members/jacespace130/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c=

4. fcuk you, I won't do what you told me! :p :p :p

I can see how that would raise the road rage tendencies. :wink:

5. Worst ever random song selected at a bad time:

Matrix 2 Soundtrack : Juno Reactor vs Don Davis - Burly Brawl
    (The music from one of the big fight scenes.)

Lanesplitting aggressively down the M1 listening to this is NOT a good idea. :wink:

6. I have a bluetooth Mp3 player/mic mounted in my helmet and built in speakers (good to 160+ Km's) so i can take call at the same time. Cost just over $100, came with a 64Mg memory stick but can be upgraded to 1Gb....happy riding :)

7. I'll be getting an Ipod mini soon, and I'll be picking up one of these and with some slight modification to help weatherproof it, and sit it a bit higher up the arm it'll be just perfect for mobile tunes. :)

8. Tell me more. This sounds affordable and practical.

9. Awesome! Payday - i'm gonna get me one!

10. *BUMP* I'm interested as well..

11. Me 3, what's the story Foxy, where and when etc? Heading to Broken Hill at Easter and if ever I need an mp3 player that will be it. New Sony Ericsson phone comes with an mp3 player but I haven't got that phone yet and not sure the mp3 player will work with bluetooth.