Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moving to Canberra this weekend!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Haggismaen, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Whoopa! Starting date for the job has finally come through (next Monday, 16th). So will be moving down to Canberra this weekend to stay in some serviced apartments for a few weeks while I look for a place.

The only problem is that my bike is still being fixed (and probably will be for another few weeks at least). Nuts. And the weather is just starting to heat up in Canberra as well.

I think I'm going to have to make an appearance on the odd weekend for Sydney rides. And Joel, no doubt I will be headed near you (how far is Mogo and this 'Mad Mile' of yours from Batemans?) so I can actually see the coast from time to time.

Public service gravy train here I come!

:LOL: :LOL:

2. Hey, I'll be up there in late Jan to start my public gravy train.
    Let me know how you find it.
    I'll see you for coffees in Feb :grin:

3. Hey Haggis,

See you there! I'm moving furniture Tuesday and Wednesday, and hopefully down there for good (providing everything fits in teh truck) by the weekend.
    Mel is already working, she's staying with her cousin, but is training in Brisbane this week.
    Best of luck with finding a rental property, it's a bit cut throat in the house market at least.

Regards, Andrew.

4. Hurrah - more Canberrians!!!

I look forward to meeting you all at coffee sometime :]

5. :woot:

the "Mad Mile" is the stretch of road that runs from batemans bay to mogo!!

9kms in length and lovely everytime.
    the RTA in its wisdom is currently working on straightening a portion of the Mad Mile :shock:
    so soon it will be the "slightly less Mad 6 Miles"

i dont think the old timers that named it could measure distance :LOL:

good luck with the move :)

6. You love it, the weathers too good at the moment, not too hot, not too cold! Plus big, wide roads (though with plenty of added roos)

7. Are we having a going away gathering for Kier ?

:cry: