Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moving Interstate (NSW > VIC)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dewy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Hi guys, looking at moving to Victoria in a few months. Just wondering whats involved in transferring my licences down there.

P2 Drivers Licence - Due for Upgrade in November 2010
    P1 Riders Licence - Acquired on 17/3/2010

Now moving to Victoria, what will happen with my licences, is there a P2 rider licence in victoria? Will i still be able to move to my open drivers licence in november in victoria. What will happen with my riders licence, what can I upgrade it to and when? And what restrictions will apple?
  2. Let me :google: that for you....http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licences/

There is a brief clip there that gives you the basics of what is required for change of address.
    As for transferring the licence classes, and getting a valid correct answer, how about ringing VicRoads, 131171 is the number,and finding out.
    Then let us know the reply so others in the future can see what answer you have from VicRoads....

As for what restrictions Apple will have, visit http://www.apple.com/au/retail/, there is 2 apple stores listed for the melbourne area, they can advise you better:rofl:
  3. your p1 or p2 just becomes a Vic P with the relevant Vic ristrictions (read no silly 80 speed limit)
  4. I have checked their site, hence I couldn't find anything on P2 licences for the bike.

I have sent them an email and am impatiently waiting a reply, was hoping someone here knew better. But I will certainly update this thread with information as I receive it.

And haha the apple comment. I clearly meant apply =P

The Main thing I am worried about is upgrading, I don't want to have to reset the time spent with these restrictions on my licence.
  5. you wont have to reset the time you have already spent on restrictions, Vic doesnt have P1 & P2 only licenses only the same P for the same duration therefore you will transfer to a probationary licence for car and bike but the expiry dates will be the same, ie you will go to a full license for your car in November and you will continue on your Ps for the bike untill they expire.
  6. Awesome, so my car wont be reset, I am having a lot of trouble working out the bike licence time tho, I can't tell which category I will fall into of the 4 listed here: