Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moving house- what a pain!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by typhoon, Sep 8, 2006.

1. I hate the whole moving thing! I just spent two days going through the garage, 10x 60 litre plastic tubs later, I have my tools and supplies packed! That only leaves the shelving and benches! I threw out two box trailer loads of stuff, inclidung the backyard bits and pieces. Still have 20 litres of waste oil to get rid of. All I have left to do in teh garage is get project Truck ready to be trailered (fit windscreens and doors)and of course, organise a big enough trailer! :shock:
    The house is a bit easier to pack up, at least everything can go in boxes without fear of the boxes exploding. Mind you, we have HEAPS of books, and they are a royal pain to move!
    I was contemplating the old rent a truck and do it myself thing again, but I've had enough of that! I've probably moved myself, and helped mates move, around 30 times. Aaaaaargh!!

Regards, Andrew.
  2. I hear ya pain.... :roll:

I last moved in March and wasnt too stressful, but once you've started you just keep realising how much more stuff you've got compared to how much you thought you had hehe....

Good luck with the move... :grin:
  3. I just moved to a new house 3 months ago from a 2 bed unit. I am convinved people broke into the apartment and dumped their crap in various nooks and crannies because I dont ever remember gathering all that myself. Its stressful as hell, but there is nothing like the feeling when its all unpacked and done!
  4. im moving again soon :( arrrggg!
  5. Try moving countries. Which is what I'm doing now.
  6. We got a skip bin in a month before having to move.

By the time we had to pack what was left, I swear there was less than what was in the skip!
  7. be nice to mrs typhoon.
    moving house is bloody stressfull, i think i can associate every move with a big dispute.
    are you watching the NRL :shock:

good luck andrew!

8. Yeah, that's happening as I type..............business as usual.

Regards, Andrew.