Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moving from WA to ACT

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by munki, Dec 23, 2007.

  1. Hello guys, i did a few searches but nothing came up so.......

    I'm thinking of taking a job in sunny Canberra in July and just have a question regarding licence transferring.

    Firstly does the ACT have its own licenses or do you come under NSW? (Yeah it may be a silly question but i'm not from this country so be nice please :))

    Secondly, i am currently in the 3rd month of my RE class (250) here in WA - if i move east will i need to sit the test for the R class or does it just automatically progress from the RE?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
  2.  Top
  3. Hey mate

    We've got our own licensing system here, separate from NSW. If 'RE' means restricted and 'R' means open, we don't have a test for that, your licence automatically changes over after you finish the restricted period.

    Info here: www.rego.act.gov.au
  4. Excellent, cheers for the info fellas :)