Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Moving from one Swann insurance policy to another

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Johnskis, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

Just got my bike. About to purchase insurance with Swann on the cover type: Weekend Rider Plus as I don't intend on riding it weekdays for now so happy with full comprehensive on weekends only. If my circumstances change say in a few months, does Swann allow you to switch to another policy midway? Obviously I would be happy to pay whatever the difference is to go up to the full comprehensive option.

I tried calling them today but they are closed.

2. it can be done, even if by doing so you cancel the weekend only insurance and get 'full cover'
  3. Even if you are down as a 'weekend/recreational' rider, what's stopping you from riding your bike any other day ? Motorcycle insurance is ridiculously expensive as it is...I'm insured for the same, weekend rider. Doesn't stop me riding my bike/s any day of the week ;)

Erm.... just noticed...brought up 'THE TONNE' Posts..only took 1 3/4yrs :) Wooooohoooooo ....
  4. I changed from Weekend Rider Plus with Swann to the full comprehensive cover. It was easily done through a phone call and they took the extra $ via Credit Card over the phone. All done there and then, with the old Policy cancelled and the new one taking effect straight away, very easy, I wish all businesses were so easy to work with, in my opinion, anyway.
  5. Thank you. Just the answer I was looking for.