Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Movie "tokyo Drift" = Crap

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by VTRBob, Jun 17, 2006.

dont even come close to the 1st or 2nd one. The driving scenes you see in the add's are just about it !

Acting = Crap
    Cars = Not bad but most spent the whole time sitting on the rev limiters !
    Eye Candy = is good but only fleeting glances ...... what ever happened to the lingering girly shots from ep's 1+2 ?

Um if there was a storyline I must have missed it completly ( something to do with the crap acting ! )
    THE BEST PART = the last 30sec (edit ) spoiler removed bc some people recon knowing this will spoil there watching of a CRAP movie with no plot and crap acting even the so called cages are crap :LOL:

out of 10 .............................. 2! for the last 30 sec's only, plus some of the drifting wasn't too bad re: the promo adds !
  2. Haha, I knew this thread would come up, and I knew the movie would get a serve. Mind you, don't need to be Nostradamus to expect that ;)

The first two weren't exactly deep dramas, but nobody goes there to see that anyways. So was Tokyo Drift as visually intoxicating as the first two? For me, hell yea. What more do we need? Do you reckon the core target market of these movies gives 8 tenths of a shit about the script or the quality of the acting? Heck, every one around me kept shouting "hurry up!" whenever a long talking scene came on.

The majority of folks saw this for the cars, and hey - if you manage to get some joy out of the script, all the better. I enjoyed it, because I didn't go in with expectations.

Good job putting the real drift king, Keiichi Tsuchiya in it too!
  3. lol, should have downloaded it
  4. We all knew it was going to be crap, but we didnt have to go see it to find out :LOL:
  5. Would of been pretty obvious it was crap.

Its got fcuking bow wow.

I saw the previews and lauhed.

I will eventaully watch it though, just not at the cinemas
  6. Well personally i wouldn't say that was a spoiler :LOL:
    as both myself and Nadeen tossed a coin about 1/2 and hr into the movie as to shall we walk out or not :LOL: :LOL:
    if this saves someone a few dollars all the better, and maybe ( MAYBE ) instead rent it in a few weeks on dvd, at least at home you can drink and fast forward to the good bits AND pause on the eye candy

:LOL: :twisted: :LOL:
    AFAIK it's not a cameo from Diesel, it's mean to be his character Dom from F&tF 1.

Regardless as to how crap some people say it is, you aren't meant to go see this movie for a plot! It's just a rice fest with some eye candy. I don't have much of an option... going to have to go see this one. I was at the drive-in premier for F&tF 1, and at the Crown private screening before it opened for 2F2F. :grin:

I'm just wanting a golden one-liner like 'blow the welds on the intake'!
  8. Brian: Hey, what's up, Jesse? What do you have in your hand?
    Jesse: Throwing down the pinkslip just like you.
    Brian: Pinkslip for what? The Jetta?
    Jesse: Yeah.
    Brian: You can't bet your dad's car.
    Jesse: It's all right. I ain't losin'. This fool is running a Honda 2000. I'll win. Then me and my dad can roll together when he gets out of prison. It's all good.
    Brian: Well, they're gonna throw him right back in prison after he kills you.
  9. I expected the film to be pretty good and it turend out to be fcuking unbelievealby good. Totalyy 8/10 film, awesome, deffinitely going into the collection. Expecially loves the innnovate camera/cg effects in the final race.
  10. You sound surprised?
  11. well boy are you going to be SO let down :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:mad: :cry: :cry: :evil:
  13. You kinda think he'd of figured that out before going to see it

:shock: :shock: :shock:
  14. the movie had big boots to fill, people expected too much.
    It was always going to be just another fast and furious film.
    IMHO it was an average movie but still kinda entertaining.

Good to see an aussie actress in there
  15. got to see the advance screening for free
    cars were nice chicks were nice
    acting was shit
    along with the story line
  16. i thought it was OOKKKK!!!!!
  17. mmm tokyo drift?... I'm sorry but its definatley going on the list of movies under the catagory "to watch while burning in hell" :LOL:
  18. it was ok just i didnt remmeber who that asian bloke was then vin diesel came in and then i knew