Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Movie scenes that will stay with you for ever...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Deadsy, Oct 13, 2012.

1. NSFW - NUDITY

I first watched Eyes Wide Shut 2 days ago and I can't get this scene out of my head. The imagery and music are quite powerful emotionally. It's sinister, beautiful, disturbing, melancholic, sexual, haunting and dreamy at the same time.

So which movie scenes do you always remember/never forget?

2. "Stuck in the middle with you" scene from Reservoir dogs

3. Another Kubrick

4. Captain Kaneda dies in Sunshine - this scene stayed with me for quite some time. The music is so well matched to the content.

funnily enough I was just thinking last night of starting pretty much this exact same thread. go figure

5. Hard to forget this one

6. Aliens - Bishop with the knife. First saw this movie aged 8. shat me right up for many nights after.

7. Ringu

Seriously scary if you watched the film in the dark, and had no idea what it was about (the Americans of course ruined it).

8. Omen (not sure which number), Damien sticking the pencil in (was it the nanny?) someone's ankle.

9. The ending of Pan's Labyrinth:

One of those endings I wasn't expecting, but then realised it was just because it was actually realistic (unlike most films).

10. American history X, the curb skull crushing.

11. Not going to post the clip, but the knife scene in Saving Private Ryan.

12. Oh god, that gave me nightmares on and off for years.

13. won't post the clip 'cos it's a bit meaningless as a standalone scene but with the rest of the film as context, the closing scene from requiem for a dream is powerful something fierce

14. That's mine too.

In fact that whole film haunts me to this day. I've only seen it once and can't face watching it again because of the emotions I know it will stir up, but I still remember every scene.

Eerie...

It's been almost ten years I think

15. i tend to find that the shock value diminishes with each additional viewing - that's why when an absolute gem of a movie comes along I'll usually wait at least a year to watch it a second time in the hope that if forgotten much of the content.

16. The Grey Zone

start this clip at 6:25 - For people who have not seen it, be warned: this is not a happy fun time movie. it is the most disturbing film I've seen but exceptionally well crafted and thought provoking. in the vein of Schindlers list, Sophies choice, and the boy in the striped pajamas.

17. The Crying Game

If you've seen it, you know the scene.

18. Love how the bike goes from four to two stoke when he hit it with the door