Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

movie editor recommendation

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by twainharte, Aug 20, 2009.

1. need a recommendation for a movie editor.

1. stitch individual short vids into one.

2. be able to play on dvd player.

3. little loss in quality.

i'm using windows vista.

thanks in advance. :)
  2. Get a Ma......

Nah, if you are using Vista, Movie Maker is a very good and free tool. You can spend money on a 'proper' editor if you want but Movie Maker does what you want it to do.
  3. Might as well get it out of the way: Get a Mac. :p

OK, now that that's done... Quicktime Pro (40 bucks or so download) will stitch vids together, compress them and actually do quite a lot of editing. Loss of quality is always a trade-off with file size.

I think some DVD players will read .mov files directly, but I suspect it would also be possible to export your movies from Quicktime in a format that Windows Movie Maker (free download from Microsoft if it's not already on the machine) will read, and I'm pretty sure it creates DVDs. Failing that, google for freeware DVD burning solutions or Ashampoo...
  4. believe me. with the probs i've been having with my current machine i'd gladly pay a premium and go back to my roots with a mac.

google is ok BUT nerdrider is better :wink:

i have some files that are mp4 whilst the majority are avi.

5. adobe pemiere then if you must persist using that doze box for video editing.
  6. Why don't you try before you buy?

Corel has a few options, I've been fond of them in the past.
  7. adobe premier, buy it or torrent it :grin:
  8. Premiere has lots and lots of cool add-ons to help tweak audio and video. Movie maker is simpler, you might as well have a crack with that seeing as it's free and already installed.
  9. Movie editing is so much easier and better on OS X but if you must use windows for things it's not suited well to then Adobe Premier is the best option.