Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bravus, Sep 20, 2010.

1. I'm doin' it: http://au.movember.com/mospace/518546/

Put your hand up here if you are, and donate if you aren't!

2. I'm not game enough to grow the mo (it drives me insane - sooo itchy), but I just supported the cause.
    'Onya mate!!
  3. Thank ya sir, that's fantastic!
  4. *waits for Fanuary thread*

5. lol Bronwyn!
  6. If I had 1-2mths off prior to Movember, I'd grow one...the sight of a developing Merv Hughes 'stache wouldn't go down too well at work !
  7. I think the rules are that you have to start clean-shaven on November 1, so you'd be fine there... and as for work, I reckon do what I'm going to: plaster the joint with posters and collect lots of donations. Tough for anyone to be agin a good cause!
  8. There ya go, Bravus..Of course, totally forgot about that !
    I love your suggestion dude, but again, that would DEFINITELY not go down well in my 'office' LOL.
  9. I did the Chopper (handlebars) look last year, think I might do it again :)
    By the look of things, a few work mates might be joining in.
  10. Hey, if all the male Drs at my hospital can get away with it, then you can too. I love Movember, watching them try to have terribly serious conversations with their patients while looking like super seedy mofos.

I think this would he the perfect platform BTW to run a Netrider Movember competition. Worthless without pics, no photoshopping in extra hirsuteness.

Damn, I'm spitting that it's only September. *waits patiently*
  11. Yeah, I think I'ma go the handlebar style thang... starting out as big as I can grow it and might take it off in stages over a week or so at the end of the month to try a few different styles.

There will be pics. Oh yes.
  12. Raising money for this is like joining a pyramid investment scheme. In the end you'll have no friends.
  13. I dunno, my small School of 20 or so people raised $440 at a morning tea today for Pakistan flood relief. Lots of good, well intentioned people... and I don't plan to pester. It's a good chance to raise awareness of prostate cancer and depression too: and I know there's a significant group here that cares about depression.
  14. Oh, come on nickers that's bullshit. If you fly you MUST cultivate the Mo!

Unless you give your philtrum wings, you ain't a real pilot! :p
  15. On the allegation of financial irregularities, Wikipedia sez:

10. Seymour, B. (26 October 2007 [Eastern Seaboard]; 20 November 2007 [Adelaide]) Today Tonight, Channel 7 Adelaide
    11. Financial Summary 2008
    12. Givewell Charity Profiles - Movember Foundation
    13. More information Givewell Charity Profiles - Movember Foundation
    14. Important statistics on the state of Australian philanthropy

Just fecken Today Tonight tearing down instead of building up charitable efforts... completely typical and not to be believed a whit.
  16. Ogden mate, now that you put it thaaaaaaaat way ;)