Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Movember auction - MP3 player up for grabs!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rob_, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Hey all,

As many of you would know, November is actually now known as Movember. Movember is a fundraising event to help raise money for prostate cancer research and beyondblue. I'm taking part by growing a mo, much to my girlfriend's (supportive) dismay. my MoSpace is here: http://au.movember.com/mospace/2041982

Today, as part of a promotion from Samsung (i sell tvs), I recieved a new 2GB mp3 player. Rather than hawk it on ebay, i thought i'd 'auction' it on here, with all proceeds of the winning bid going to movember. just make bids as a response to this thread. the higgest bid made by 6:00pm, Friday the 28th of Movember wins. payment is to be made on my MoSpace (that way you also get a tax receipt). delivery is free if you pick it up, or i can give it to you on a thrusday mystery ride. Postage to anywhere in Australia will be $15.

the mp3 player you are bidding for has details here:Samsung S3 website. It is the 2gb version in light blue. it is unopened. would make a great christmas present, and they have a rrp of $119. does music, video, pics, fm radio, the lot basically. touch pad interface.

if you want to donate to Movember irrespective of the mp3 player, just got to my MoSpace and click on the "donate to me" link.

i'm making a first bid of $5. bid freely and help a great cause!

mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it. i dont think this contravenes any forum rules, but if it does, please let me know
  2. I'll Play. Do you know what colour it is?

3. thanks for the bid! its light blue, so would suit either a boy or girl. apparently its pretty good - some other people from work are keeping them, and they love it. this image is from the samsung website. the one you'll be getting is unopened.

and i'll up that bid to $15!
  4. Don't want the MP3 player, but I threw $20 your way :)
  5. thanks mate! absolute champion!
  6. :? Wait, that $20 wasn't a bid right? So i'll take $20, since I'm forbode to grow one ;)
  7. $25.

I don't shave at the best of times :grin:
  8. $30 I can use this as an Xmas pressy...

Oh... and Mo's are good but beards are better ;)
  9. $33 cause its a cool number
  10. $33.33c :p
  11. $40

EDIT: dam beaten I guess I'll have to go $57
  12. What a sefless gesture...
    good on ya. :applause:

I'll throw 10 bucks into your mospace.
  13. this is fantastic! thanks to everyone bidding and to those that have donated!

last night i ran a paintball night - 16 people came, with $10 from each player being donated, and then an extra $5 per person that came with a mo. We drew them on anyone who didnt have one. raised $240! its all going to a great cause, and i really appreciate all your support.
  14. ok, so with less than 24 hours to go, the current top bid is $57 by dane75. lets see if we cant get that any higher before 6pm tomorrow night. you'll be purchasing a great mp3 player and helping a fantastic cause! :grin: :grin: :grin:

nb: bidding closes on Friday Movember 28 at 6:00 pm as indicated by the timestamp at the top of the post.
  15. final reminder... auction ends in less than 3 hours... remember, ALL the money that you bid will go towards Movember - because you pay it directly onto the Movember website! current top bid is $60 with zilly.
  16. Yay I win =D
  17. congratulations to zilly! thanks to everyone who bid and to everyone who donated to movember. your support is much appreciated! $90 was raised through this thread, which is fantastic.

and especially well done to zilly, who has helped a great cause and now has a top notch mp3 player bought for a bargain basement price!